Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: buying suitable containers

botogol Guest

Hi, I want to set my first cache (having found a few). Can someone tell me where I can buy (online preferably) a good quality container - eg an ammo box, or something similalrly waterproof, and inconspicous. These ice-cream tubs don't seem to always do the job.

Daisy&me Guest

I just had some ammo boxes delivered yesterday from here.. They are not cheap, but in very good condition and delivered in 2 days.

Do not use ice cream containers. They are useless for caches and will not last long. If you are going to use plastic boxes go for something like Lock and Lock which have clips to hold the lid on and are air-tight. Tescos do their own version call Flip and Seal, or something like that. Avoid Woolworths version as they are not very good.

The Hokesters Guest

Ammo boxes (IMHO) are the best containers you can get although I have seen some good screw top plastic containers too.

Army surplus stores are the best place for Ammo and Fuse cans. Depending on where you live (to avoid postage costs) you can usually find an army surplus store within 10 miles.

From what I can see from other threads 'Anchor Surplies' in Ripley, Derbyshire have one of the biggest collections.

There is also a good store in Burton-upon-Trent although the name escapes me at the moment.

Have fun...!!!

Simon

MarkGPX Guest

Originally posted by The Hokesters@Nov 16 2004, 10:19 AM
    There is also a good store in Burton-upon-Trent although the name escapes me at the moment.

Have fun...!!!

Simon
    Springfields

hth
    MarkGPX

xyzzy420 Guest