Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Buying Geocaching stuff

Being in the UK, where can I buy the Geocaching stickers, caps and tee-shirts etc on offer by the Groundspeak shop?

I see on their web page that they will only ship to US addresses.

The Hokesters Guest

Hi 3Wise,

Try www.globalpositioningsystems.co.uk. They carry most of the goodies.

the wv three Guest

I have looked at getting stuff from global positioning systems and their carriage costs are unbelievable as are those of the other company on a link from Groundspeak. For instance they want £3.40 standard delivery which I assume would include stickers etc.
    Would it not be possible for GAGB to import stuff and sell to members?

paul.blitz Guest

Originally posted by the wv three@Apr 2 2005, 10:33 PM
    I have looked at getting stuff from global positioning systems and their carriage costs are unbelievable as are those of the other company on a link from Groundspeak. For instance they want £3.40 standard delivery which I assume would include stickers etc.
    Would it not be possible for GAGB to import stuff and sell to members?
    A couple of things here:

1) GAGB are here to represent cachers, we don't want to get involved with trading...

2) to get sensible prices on postage, we would need to buy in quantity, so that means holding stock, that then doesn't sell, etc.... again, something we don't want to be involved with.

Paul Blitz

Hi the wv three

You might want to run your order past global positioning systems by email to see what the postage would actually be. I've found them to be quite flexible with small or mixed orders, so the postage might not actually be as much as it looks like on their website.
    ​​Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light. (Dylan Thomas)​

the wv three Guest

Originally posted by Bill D (wwh)@Apr 4 2005, 06:25 PM

You might want to run your order past global positioning systems by email to see what the postage would actually be. I've found them to be quite flexible with small or mixed orders, so the postage might not actually be as much as it looks like on their website.
    I have, it is!

60north Guest

Just for the next 6 days, I note that there are some items of geocaching interest for sale on www.ebay.co.uk

h34r:

gralorn Guest

I must say that I purchase my items from Finger Technology Limited, they are very resonable and deliver in 24 hours (recorded). Not a bad service at all.

Ellis Islanders Guest

Yes, I have used Finger Technology also - seem pretty good to me.

But how about GAGB own branded stickers ? In the form of a downloadable graphic for users to print on their own sticker sheets? There is no real reason to use geocaching.com stickers is there?

xyzzy420 Guest