Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Pointless Geocachers

Question Pointless Geocachers

No, not a thread saying "Did you see those cachers on the popular BBC1 afternoon quiz show Pointless?" Not even asking if anyone wants to join me in applying - although that would be cool. My editor failed to do his half of the application, so I am still looking for a partner.

No, what I'm looking for is 100 cachers, preferably from outside my area, to use 100 seconds to answer each of a series of questions, so I can hold a caching pub quiz based on the Pointless format at some point in the future.

If you're game, please email me through my profile and I'll send you instructions and the list of questions. Copy and paste the questions into a reply email, add your answers and send. Easy!

I hope you're able to help. Any help would be very helpful :socool:

I will as long a they are not too 'ard

Lilian

PM sent.
    ​​Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light. (Dylan Thomas)​

Sent you a PM this morning.

PM sent.

PM sent

Ditto

Thanks for all the PMs folks. I'm forwarding the emails they generate to my simplypaulgc 'hat' aol dotty communism address to keep everything in the same place.

For those who don't know Pointless, the BBC and Wikipedia[/url] have useful info on the show. It's a quiz format which seems to work particularly well for ego-driven show-offs like myself, and the hosts win a lot of praise for keeping it fun too.

Thank you everyone who's responded so far. I'm BCC-ing you all into a draft email I'll send out next week when I've finalised the questions. I doubt I'll get to 100 people but please tell your caching friends who don't use these forums. I'll post in some Facebook groups I'm in (avoiding my local one!) but any help with that would be amazing. Thanks again!

After the quiz has been held, I'll post the questions and answers given (without who said what) here so you can all see how you did.

Reminder: the questions must be answered under 'exam conditions'; no Internet, no books, no asking a relative...

For those without a TV, you can still see Pointless - legally - via iPlayer, so long as you're not watching live. opcorn:

Thanks for all those who've dropped me an email or PM, offering help. I'm planning to put the questions to people later this week but am still about 35 short of my 100-folk target. If you can let your caching friends know about my request, that would be kind. Cheers! :cheers:

Questions all done! Final call for help on this as I think I'm still short of my 100 person target, even with teams splitting into individuals. I'll be sending emails out on Saturday so those of you who've already messaged/emailed me, stand by your inboxes, and thanks again!

Drop me a copy to antonyhague (at) Gmail.com and I'll have a look tonight

Emails all sent, so if you've not heard from me directly, you've slipped through the net. Let me know here (since you don't like emailing, it seems!) and I'll be in contact.

If you have the questions, please do them as soon as you have a spare hour; I have a lot of collation ahead of me and early replies will save me a lot of panic later. Thanks