Thanks Thanks:  31

Thread: Nominations for Chairman 2013/14

Default Nominations for Chairman 2013/14

The nomination period for the position of GAGB Chairman for 2013/2014 is now open.

Any GAGB Member may nominate a member or second a nomination. Members who have been nominated and seconded are asked to accept or decline their nomination in this thread.

This thread will be locked at the end of the nominations period and anyone who has not been seconded and accepted during this period will not be considered as a candidate for election.

Dates are as follows:
    Nominations for Chairman open: Thursday 17/10/13
    Close of nominations for Chairman: Wednesday 23/10/13
    Election for Chairman: Friday 1/11/13 – Tuesday 5/11/13

The returning officer for this election is Mike of "Ladybug Kids", who is Vice President of Geocachealaska

Candidates for the Chairman position are requested to send one CV / election statement to Mike ( ladybugs@geocachealaska.org ) which will be published in a locked ‘Candidate Chairman CVs’ thread after the nomination period has closed.

A ‘Candidate Chairman Discussions and questions’ thread will also be opened at that time.

More information about the annual elections can be found in section N of the constitution and Seeker issue 16
    GAGB member since 2005
    GAGB Committee member 2010 to 2016 (Chair 2012 to 2015)
    UK Mega Event Chairman 2009 (Weston-super-Mare)

I would like to nominate Jen to stay in the role of chair in order for her to continue the work that she has done in the last year.

I'll second Jen as she has done a good job this year

Quote Originally Posted by Jacaru View Post
    I would like to nominate Jen to stay in the role of chair in order for her to continue the work that she has done in the last year.
    Quote Originally Posted by eusty View Post
    I'll second Jen as she has done a good job this year
    Thank you to Jacaru & eusty for the nomination/second.
    Yes, I would like to accept the nomination to stand for the Chairman position for a second year and continue with the things the committee have started.

Thanks

Jen (Maple Leaf)
    GAGB member since 2005
    GAGB Committee member 2010 to 2016 (Chair 2012 to 2015)
    UK Mega Event Chairman 2009 (Weston-super-Mare)

I Nominate Puzbie

I will happily second Puzbie

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose39uk View Post
    I Nominate Puzbie
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDick&Vick View Post
    I will happily second Puzbie
    Happy to oblige.

Default Nominations for Chairman Are Now Closed

Nominations for the 2014 GAGB Chairman are now closed.

The two candidates standing in the 2013/2014 Chairman elections are (in alphabetical order):
    • Maple Leaf
    • Puzbie

The candidates' CV/Manifestos will be posted here and will be locked once the text for both candidates has been received. Candidates should send their CV/Manifesto, their avatar, and a photo to me at this e-mail address. The information and images will be used in the CV/Manifesto thread and on the ballot.

There is a discussion and Q&A forum for the candidates here where GAGB members may ask questions of the candidates and read the candidates' responses.

The election of the Chairman will be by SurveyMonkey.com e-mail ballot between Friday 01/11/13 and Tuesday 5/11/13 and will be run by me, Ladybug Kids (Michael Malvick), Independent Returning Officer. If you have changed your e-mail address during the past year, please send your caching name and new e-mail to me at this e-mail address. This is important because the only way to open a ballot to vote is to click on the unique link in the e-mail that will be sent to you.

Per the GAGB Constitution, only GAGB members as of 1 October 2013 are eligible to vote.
    In Alaska, the best athletes eat raw meat, sleep in the snow, and run naked.
    Ladybug Kids' gc.com profile
    Visit the GeocacheAlaska! website.

Default CVs/Manifestos Now Posted for Chairman Candidates

The CVs/Manifestos for Jen Harley/Maple Leaf and Dominic Lloyd/Puzbie are now posted in this thread.
    In Alaska, the best athletes eat raw meat, sleep in the snow, and run naked.
    Ladybug Kids' gc.com profile
    Visit the GeocacheAlaska! website.