Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Not standing for re-election

Default Not standing for re-election

Work commitments and family illness mean that I won't be able to give sufficient time to committee responsibilities next year, so I have reluctantly decided not to stand for re-election.

Many others have shown an interest in landowner permissions and proposed other good ideas to improve GAGB so I hope that they will commit the time necessary to turn such ideas into reality, whether they stand for election to the committee or not.

I would like to thank everyone who has supported me and GAGB, whether you are landowners/managers, committee/ex-committee, agreement managers, reviewers or members who take an active role / speak out / help at events. Thank you and happy caching

Caching since 2001
    Founder member of GAGB (2003)
    Committee (2003-2013)
    Chair of GAGB (2010-2012)
    Negotiator of 18 Landowner Agreements
    GAGB Friend

Default Thank you

It is not going to be the same without 'The Wombles' on the committee - but a huge thank you for all the work you have done for the GAGB including many of the landowner agreements.

For those of you that don't know, Dave was one of the Founder members of the GAGB back in 2003 and has been on the committee ever since (and Chairman for a couple of years). ( Link to past committee members document )

I am sure we will be 'tapping' into your GAGB knowledge for many years to come - as we do with Bill D every now and again.

Jen
    GAGB member since 2005
    GAGB Committee member 2010 to 2016 (Chair 2012 to 2015)
    UK Mega Event Chairman 2009 (Weston-super-Mare)

Thank you for all your hard work and dedication over the years - you will be missed xxxxxx

Many thanks, Dave, for the enormous amount of work you've put into GAGB during its ten year history. Enjoy your "retirement"! :cheers:
    ​​Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light. (Dylan Thomas)​

Wont be the same without you Dave - you're leaving big shoes to fill.

you will be a big loss

Thanks for all your hard work. Long may your legacy last.

You will be greatly missed Dave. Thanks so much for all the years of service.

Dont be a stranger! :lol:
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better. - Samuel Beckett

Ah really sorry to hear that, but totally understand.

Thank you for all your work on our behalf.

Sorry to hear you are not standing for re-election, I know I don't know you as well as many others do. From what I've read and learned about your commitment to GAGB, you have been an inspiration to so many people and you will be missed by so many people. Of course family and oneself must always come first. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers
    Heather
    "Defeat may test you; It need not stop you. If at first you don't succeed, try another way. For every obstacle, there is a solution. Nothing in the world can take the place of persistance. The greatest mistake is giving up."
    Author Unknown :socool: