Thanks Thanks:  55
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Nominations for Committee members 2013/14

Default Question About Length of CV/Manifesto

A question about "rules that state how long our manifestos have to be for the GAGB Committee Elections" was asked.

My reply to the sender was bounced by the sender's spam filter, so I will answer in here as well.

"There is no set limit. Some people have written a few sentences, other, several paragraphs.

Last year's manifestos are still posted in the GAGB forums if you want to see examples."

https://www.gagb.org.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=4805
    In Alaska, the best athletes eat raw meat, sleep in the snow, and run naked.
    Ladybug Kids' gc.com profile
    Visit the GeocacheAlaska! website.

Thank you DorsetGal, Cornell and mollyjak. I accept your nomination and will endeavour to justify your faith in me.

How do you become nominated for the election? I would like to offer something back to the geocaching community other than placing hides and the odd article I have written for magazines and the towpath talk newspaper.

Quote Originally Posted by abiherts View Post
    How do you become nominated for the election? I would like to offer something back to the geocaching community other than placing hides and the odd article I have written for magazines and the towpath talk newspaper.
    Hi & thanks for showing an interest in joining the committee.

You just need a fellow GAGB member (joined before 1st October) to nominate you, then another member to second that nomination. Then you need to accept it.
    GAGB member since 2005
    GAGB Committee member 2010 to 2016 (Chair 2012 to 2015)
    UK Mega Event Chairman 2009 (Weston-super-Mare)

I'll happily nominate you abiherts 😊

I'll happily second. Meanwhile, I'm considering, not ignoring...

Thank you Dorsetgal and Richlay, I accept the nomination.
    Last edited by abiherts; 13th November 2013 at 03:47 PM.

Default A reminder to all candidates

A reminder to candidates

I know some of you have already done this and some may have in the last 24hrs (it is still the middle of the night in Alaska), but if you haven't please could you send your photo/avatar and CV/manifesto to Mike (LadyBug Kids) ASAP.

The CVs/manifestos will be put into the forums once we have the final list of candidates and I would like to have these in place ASAP to run alongside the Q&A thread that I will open tomorrow evening/Friday morning.

Also, as Mike has mentioned in his posts, he is travelling to Europe on business on Friday - so we have a very narrow window to get this done in (alongside all the normal pre-travel jobs at home!). I also don't want to have him spending his free time when he is away having to sort out GAGB things - especially when on airport/hotel wifi etc.

Many thanks for your cooperation.
    GAGB member since 2005

Quote Originally Posted by JackieC View Post
    I would like to nominate Richard Lay (Richlay)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornell Finch View Post
    Seconded.
    I have given this due consideration and though I am not sure I have all of the required skills for committee life (notably patience and an ability to bite my tongue), it would be wrong and reasonably hypocritical for me to push for a contested chairman election and then shirk away when the process puts me forward.

Therefore JackieC and Cornell, I humbly accept your nomination and second.

Let's do this thing.

I updated Jen's latest post with the materials (CV, photo, avatar) I've received as of this morning (Wednesday, Alaska time) from the Committee Candidates. If you sent materials that aren't listed below, please resend them because I didn't find them in my junk and spam folders and sometimes things get lost in the electronic shuffle. If you haven't sent your materials, please do so soon so I can work on them during my long trip from 150°W to 14°E, which begins 1300 GMT Thursday. Chances are I won't be online again until late Friday night.

Please e-mail the files to ladybugs@geocachealaska.org.

Good luck to all the candidates!

Quote Originally Posted by Maple Leaf View Post
    daddyanddude (Dax Wood) - nominated, seconded, accepted
    countrymatters (Terry Marsh) - nominated, seconded, accepted, CV, photo, avatar
    mollyak (Lilian Maund) - nominated, seconded, accepted, CV, photo, avatar
    *Geocass* (Cass Flowers) - nominated, seconded, accepted, CV, photo, avatar
    JackieC (Jackie Catterall) - nominated, seconded, accepted, CV, photo, avatar
    AngoranBob (Colin Thurlbourn) - nominated, seconded, accepted
    ukcachemag (Adam Redshaw) - nominated, seconded, accepted

Puzbie (Dominic Lloyd) - nominated, seconded

Sharant (Sharon Reid) - nominated, seconded, accepted
    Poole_Man (Paul Weaver) - nominated, seconded, accepted
    Cache on Wheels (Heather Bull) - nominated, seconded, accepted
    Fudgeman (Andy Packer) - nominated, seconded, accepted, CV, photo, avatar

Richlay (Richard Lay) - nominated, seconded, accepted, CV, photo, avatar

abiherts (Abigail Hamilton-Thompson) - nominated, seconded, accepted, CV, photo, avatar
    Last edited by LadybugKids; 13th November 2013 at 11:21 PM.
    In Alaska, the best athletes eat raw meat, sleep in the snow, and run naked.
    Ladybug Kids' gc.com profile
    Visit the GeocacheAlaska! website.

Quote Originally Posted by richlay View Post
    I have given this due consideration and though I am not sure I have all of the required skills for committee life (notably patience and an ability to bite my tongue), it would be wrong and reasonably hypocritical for me to push for a contested chairman election and then shirk away when the process puts me forward.

Therefore JackieC and Cornell, I humbly accept your nomination and second.

Let's do this thing.
    Rich

Biting one's tongue is often an bad as lashing out, having and sharing one's opinion moves things forward rather than stagnating. I am glad you have accepted, good luck!

The nomination period closes at midnight today.

The candidates Q&A thread will then be opened and the CVs/manifestos that have been received will also be posted.

However, as Mike (LadybugKids) is currently on a plane heading east he has forwarded the eight CVs he has already received to me so that I can post these on his behalf.

Therefore, please could the remaining candidates email their CVs/manifestos to me ( mapleleaf.geocaching@yahoo.co.uk ) as well as to LadyBugKids ( ladybugs@geocachealaska.org ) to ensure they are posted as soon as one of us is able to.

Please include "GAGB Election Materials" on the subject line to help with Mike's e-mail sorting.
    Last edited by Maple Leaf; 14th November 2013 at 09:36 PM.
    GAGB member since 2005

Default Nominations for Committee are now closed.

The nomination period for 2013/2014 committee has now closed.

There were 14 nominations but only 13 were accepted.

Therefore, the candidates standing for the 8 committee positions are (in alphabetical order):

• *Geocass* (Cass Flowers)
    • abiherts (Abigail Hamilton-Thompson)
    • AngoranBob (Colin Thurlbourn)
    • Cache on Wheels (Heather Bull)
    • countrymatters (Terry Marsh)
    • daddyanddude (Dax Wood)
    • Fudgeman (Andy Packer)
    • JackieC (Jackie Catterall)
    • mollyak (Lilian Maund)
    • Poole_Man (Paul Weaver)
    • Richlay (Richard Lay)
    • Sharant (Sharon Reid)
    • ukcachemag (Adam Redshaw)

The candidates' CV/Manifestos will be posted here. If you haven't done so already, candidates should send their CV/Manifesto, their avatar, and a photo to LadyBugKids at this e-mail address. The information and images will be used in the CV/Manifesto thread and on the ballot.

There is a discussion and Q&A forum for the candidates here where GAGB members may ask questions of the candidates and read the candidates' responses.

The election of the 8 Committee places will be by SurveyMonkey.com e-mail ballot between Friday 22/11/13 and Saturday 30/11/13 and will be run by Ladybug Kids (Michael Malvick), Independent Returning Officer.

If you have changed your e-mail address during the past month, please send your caching name and old and new e-mail to
    this e-mail address. This is important because the only way to open a ballot to vote is to click on the unique link in the e-mail that will be sent to you.

Per the GAGB Constitution, only GAGB members as of 1 October 2013 are eligible to vote and will be able to cast up to 8 votes.
    Last edited by Maple Leaf; 15th November 2013 at 12:37 AM.
    GAGB member since 2005