Thanks Thanks:  47

Thread: GAGB Executive Committee (2013/2014) - Election dates

Default GAGB Executive Committee (2013/2014) - Election dates

These are the dates for the 2013/2014 GAGB Executive Committee elections

Cut off date for being a GAGB member and able to stand, nominate or vote:
    Tuesday 1st October 2013 (Constitution E2)

Chairman elections

Nominations for Chairman open: Thurs 17th October 2013
    Close of nominations for Chairman: Weds 23rd October 2013
    Election for Chairman: Fri 1st – Tues 5th November 2013

Committee elections

Nominations for Committee open: Fri 8th November 2013
    Close of nominations for Committee: Thurs 14th November 2013
    Election of Committee: Fri 22nd – Sat 30th November 2013

Details will be posted nearer the time, but for more information about the elections please see Seeker issue 16 and the Constitution - section N

Ladybug Kids (
    Michael Malvick) will be serving as our Independent Returning Officer.
    GAGB member since 2005
    GAGB Committee member 2010 to 2016 (Chair 2012 to 2015)
    UK Mega Event Chairman 2009 (Weston-super-Mare)

Good luck to all those who stand for election this year.
    I've enjoyed my time on the committee. It is not without its challenges but the GAGB are a needed resource and one which should be supported.

The GAGB is an excellent focal point for landowners and for members of the non-tupperware hunting masses.

It provides a wealth of info for cachers of all walks of life and should be nurtured.

I will not be standing in the elections this time round. Time has become a precious commodity and I don't have enough to ensure that my day-to-day duties on the committee are met.

Thank you to all who have supported me. Cheers to Richlay for dropping me in it

I wish the present and future committee all the very Scottish best.

Happy hunting and committeeing.

It's a shame you aren't standing this year Steve - but thanks for being part of the team this year and promoting the GAGB.
    GAGB member since 2005

Apologies again Steve Well done for your efforts.

Where can I find out what the committee members roles are? I am a newbie to GAGB and, from my perspective, it's just a geocaching club but it must be more than that. I know it is a place to find out about who to contact for permissions but who does that, etc. Thanks for any info.

Quote Originally Posted by orlandosRat View Post
    Where can I find out what the committee members roles are? I am a newbie to GAGB and, from my perspective, it's just a geocaching club but it must be more than that. I know it is a place to find out about who to contact for permissions but who does that, etc. Thanks for any info.
    Hi!

All the details of the roles are in issue 16 of Seeker (https://www.gagb.org/uploads/Seeker/seeker16.pdf)

Your post is quite telling that perhaps the team needs to clarify further what the GAGB actually does.

If you visit the homepage of the website (https://www.gagb.org.uk/) there are a number of links above and below the banner and down the left side of the page that will give you most of the information you are asking about.

Specifically - Permissions - While the GAGB (or a representative) will have contact for general permissions, where specified in the Landowner Database that it's required, it's up to the person placing the cache to contact the landowner for permission. If the landowner is not listed then contact them and pass the details onto someone on the committee so the GLAD can be updated appropriately.

Hope this helps!

Collin

Thanks, Collin. I appreciate the response.

Thanks replying Collin. I am working away from home this week and not had chance to reply until now.

Photos/names of the current committee members are on the inside cover of each issue of Seeker and on the website.

As Collin says there is also information about the elections/roles in Seeker 16 and in Seeker 17 which is due out next week.
    GAGB member since 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Maple Leaf View Post
    Ladybug Kids (Michael Malvick) will be serving as our Independent Returning Officer.
    Hello Fellow Geocachers:

At the Committee's request, I'm back for a fourth stint as the Returning Officer.

I'm currently serving as Vice President of GeocacheAlaska!, the non-profit geocaching organization for the state of Alaska that fosters geocacher education and land manager advocacy. I'm currently on the slate of nominees for Secretary for the 2014 GeocacheAlaska! Board of Directors.

I am also a Volunteer Reviewer for Groundspeak, reviewing caches for Alaska as Greatland Reviewer and EarthCaches for Alaska and Hawaii as GeoawareUSA4. I reviewed EarthCaches in the UK for a period until a new local reviewer as selected.

We're going to use a ballot generated by SurveyMonkey.com this year to streamline ballot counting and to add a layer of confidentiality between me and those who vote. You will be sent an e-mail with a unique link to the ballot, so please make sure your e-mail address of record is current. I will make an announcement in these forums after the e-mails have gone out so you can check your spam filter, etc., in case you don't receive the link to the ballot.

I look forward to serving all of you again.

Regards,

Michael Malvick/Ladybug Kids
    2014 GAGB Returning Officer
    In Alaska, the best athletes eat raw meat, sleep in the snow, and run naked.
    Ladybug Kids' gc.com profile
    Visit the GeocacheAlaska! website.

Default Watch Your Inbox for an Electronic Ballot

The 2014 GAGB Chairman Ballot is loaded into Surveymonkey and set to be e-mailed out shortly after midnight, tonight (0015 on 1 November).

The header of the e-mail will read:
    "ladybugs at geocachealaska.org via surveymonkey.com" <member at surveymonkey.com>
    ("at" replaces "@" in the above to keep the text from appearing as links)

so if you don't receive a ballot and you were a member of record as of 1 October, please check your Junk/Spam folders/filters.

If you still can't find your ballot, send me an e-mail at ladybugs@geocachealaska.org from your GAGB e-mail address of record and I'll send you a fresh ballot.

Regards,

Michael Malvick/Ladybug Kids
    GAGB Returning Officer
    Last edited by LadybugKids; 1st November 2013 at 07:08 AM.

Default 2014 GAGB Chairman Ballots Sent

The ballots for the 2014 GAGB Chairman were e-mailed out using Surveymonkey.com. Due to a "misunderstanding" between the stateside servers that are still on Daylight Savings Time (Summer Time) and the UK clocks that are back on UTC, the ballots were released an hour earlier (2315 on 31 October rather than 0015 on 1 November) than intended.

During that initial "early" 45 minutes, 42 people voted. Because the e-mails each contain a unique link to a ballot, these votes are as valid as votes cast after midnight.

As of 0735 UTC on 1 November, 99 votes have been cast for GAGB Chairman. Last year, a total of 550 votes were cast for Chairman.

Default Election Update - 3 November 2013

As of a few minutes ago, 316 members have voted for their choice for GAGB Chairman.

I sent a reminder e-mail to all members who haven't yet voted to encourage participation.

To avoid mixing up my posts with candidate Q&A content, I will maintain my update/informational posts in this thread.

To pull all information in this thread, the below is a post I made over in the Q&A thread yesterday:

Quote Originally Posted by LadybugKids View Post
    As of now, 288 votes for GAGB Chair have been cast, so we're half-way to matching last year's vote tally of 550. Current turnout is about 12%, so seven out of eight members haven't yet voted.

If you haven't voted, vote now! If you have voted, encourage a fellow member to vote.
    Last edited by LadybugKids; 3rd November 2013 at 04:36 PM.

Default One More Day to Vote!

With just over one more day (voting closes at midnight, Tuesday, November 5) to select the 2013/2014 GAGB Chairman, 436 GAGB members have cast their vote.

Don't miss out on your chance to select who will lead GAGB into its 11th year!

Default 2014 Committee Election Update - 25 November 2013

With five days left to vote, 276 ballots have been cast.

There is a wide selection of candidates (goals and regions) to select from, so don't miss out on choosing who will set the direction for GAGB during the coming year!

If you already voted, encourage another GAGB member to vote.

Default Voting is now closed.

Voting for the committee places has now closed. Thank you to all those that voted.

LadyBug Kids will announce the results in these forums (new thread). He normally does this overnight but the constitution says he has up to 24hrs to announce them.

I'm looking forward to finding out and welcoming those that will be joining me on the team for the next 12mths and a huge thank you to the past committee (two of who aren't standing again).
    GAGB member since 2005