Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Geocaching permision

OK folks we have the GAGB landowners database
    We have lots of approvals
    We have some bans.
    What do we need to do to (as only forum readers are aware of these issues)
    Make the sport official (government approval?)
    Get more approvals (so that peer pressure can be used)
    Make cachers more aware of these issues of permision and banning (would copying the BBWOT email as a note to each cache we visit be appropriate?)
    Who are the major landowners we should be talking to (british waterways springs to mind)
    Get more CITO events (how many have there ever been in the UK i only know of two)
    A.O.B.
    "If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning."

How about No 7: All placers to provide the name and contact details of the person giving permission, with random checks made to check that the details are accurate.

No 5: make that 3 CITO events, I have location sorted which was nominated by a local CC, and have found a suitable refreshments location for afterwards today (nice food good beer) and just have to firm up a date in July.

No 2: because of no 5 I'm now contacting cache placers with caches on this CC's land to get them to obtain permission as they are aware of these caches, but luckily they are Pro geocaching.

No 1: we need to get English Nature, National Trust, CADW and CCW and other government departments totally on our side and Geocaching will become officially recognised with out us have to campaign for it to become so.

Dave
    My post is my personal opinion and as such you do not have my permission to quote me outside of these forums!

Dave
    Brenin Tegeingl
    Formerly known as Mancunian Pyrocacher on GC