Thanks Thanks:  20

Thread: Question for candidates.."GLAD"

Default Question for candidates.."GLAD"

I understand that the position of GLAD (GAGB Landowner Agreements Database) member will be vacant, so a new committee member will be taking on this role.

One of the previous questions https://www.gagb.org.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=5216 was about “Committee Roles”.

None of you commented on your being willing to take on the Role of GLAD Member.

So my question is this.

If you are offered the role of GLAD Member, will you accept?
    Last edited by DizzyPair; 20th November 2013 at 10:28 AM.

I think people just said which role they would like I would have no problem with taking on the GLAD ... if this was the case I would like to start a list of members by region who would be willing to act as a representative of that region to help with negotiations update the committee with regards to people/ agencies they have spoke to when putting out caches.. the data base is in some respects out of date it would be nice to start at the beginning again and update all the areas caches are allowed. it will then be a strong starting point for moving forward with areas caches are not allowed these areas can be reassessed as to why permission was denied and try to make inroads to getting caches in some format allowed or at least start a line of communication with agencies involved. it will always be a work in progress the work that has been done already is first class. but we will never be able to please every one.

Absolutely echo the previous reply. Except I think I recall similar statements being made a year ago (not by daddyanddude). If I make it to the committee I would like this year to be remembered as the one that stopped starting and started doing.

I think the role of GLAD member is a vital one which Dave Edwards has done a fantastic job with. I would be reluctant to take the role on as I don't feel I have the time needed to do a comprehensive job. However if it was given to me I would certainly carry it out to the best of my abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by DizzyPair View Post

So my question is this.

If you are offered the role of GLAD Member, will you accept?

No I wouldn't accept this role.

As a Committee there are a number of positions which need filling and it is a question of putting the right Committee member to the right responsibility.

If I was offered the opportunity of being the GLAD member I would accept, but I feel my strengths would be best suited to some of the other committee roles.

Quote Originally Posted by sharant View Post
    If I was offered the opportunity of being the GLAD member I would accept, but I feel my strengths would be best suited to some of the other committee roles.
    Ditto.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Poole_Man View Post
    Ditto.

Paul
    Sorry, but I think using a term like "Ditto" in an election hustings is a bit of a cop out really.

Either you feel you do have the skill set and time required or not, but please explain in your own words!

I have the time to take on the role but I'm not familiar with the database so would need someone to show me the ropes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorsetgal View Post
    Sorry, but I think using a term like "Ditto" in an election hustings is a bit of a cop out really.

Either you feel you do have the skill set and time required or not, but please explain in your own words!
    If the Committee thought I was best suited to the GLAD job I would do it to the best of my ability.

But I believe that my skills would be best suited in one of the jobs that I have mentioned elsewhere in these questions.

Paul

I'm quite familiar with GLAD now after spending time developing and improving it. I don't think I could take it on completely whilst getting all the webby stuff done, but would be happy to help if needed.
    My Geocaching Blog: http://geocass.wordpress.com