Thanks Thanks:  3

Thread: Berwood A.K.A Shabbington Wood

Thumbs up Berwood A.K.A Shabbington Wood

I have just been given permission by the FC to place up to 20 caches in Bernwood (Nr Oakley, Bucks) . This is a complex SSSI so, although it is a CROW area, they will still have to inspect each cache before specific permission for each GZ is given . Once this is done I am hoping to hold a CITO event and the FC have already said the permission for this event is just a formality. :socool:

Now were to buy 20 lock and lock boxes......

:socool:

Excellent news ..... and glad to hear you are looking at proper size containers for your caches.
    GAGB member since 2005
    GAGB Committee member 2010 to 2016 (Chair 2012 to 2015)
    UK Mega Event Chairman 2009 (Weston-super-Mare)

To be honest I am fed up with every cache around my area being a 35mm pot or smaller (and I'm guilty of putting a few out recently). I also want these caches to be attractive to families and youth groups to find, so swappables are a must.

I have just been given permission for 15 of the 20 'cache locations I selected. 5 more have been rejected to protect fauna and flora but the way the email has been worded I think I can still place 5 more caches as long as they are in less sensitive locations. However I am more than happy with the 15 caches for now

Unfortunately the FC have said they will only allow the 15 caches I have permission for. However, they will consider further submissions if any of my caches are archived (on a 1 for 1 basis)