Thanks Thanks:  2

Thread: How much help to give a trackable?

Default How much help to give a trackable?

Hi All - new to this - just found a trackable in a race to get from UK to USA.

My Q is whether people think its fair game to ask others in GC facebook forums if any are going to USA and if so give to them to transport?

Or is this too much help and should I just move it a bit closer and let it wait to be found by someone actually going themselves?

Assume former is OK?

Thanks All

Sounds fair enough to me

I also think it's fair game
    It's a win-win situation as far as I'm concerned. The TB owner strikes it lucky by running into a cacher who's prepared to go the extra mile to aide the TB, and you could end up making a caching friendship / acquaintance with the cacher who grabs the TB off you.
    Another method you could utilize (depending on where you live!) is to seek out and attend some local caching events and state in your ''will attend'' log that you have a TB that is seeking passage to the USA and ask if any cachers attending are headed that way any time soon.
    I would point out though that it's poor caching etiquette to send TB's through the Post, but as long as you physically hand the TB to another cacher that's cool :cheers:

Help it as much as you can, but is not a mandatory requirement to do so.