Thanks Thanks:  2

Thread: Down loading Geocaches

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Down loading Geocaches

Any body help, trying to down load geocaches but it keeps telling me that the plug in was not unlocked successfully. Any idea's thanks.

I have had the same problem today. I think it is a fault with geocaching.com

:socool:

Groundspeak forum full of similar posts.

Seems to be a problem with the first bit of the web address HTTP... If it has a 'S' in there the plug in wont work.

Try.
    Look at a different page, ie one without the 'S' (seems people are getting problems on the map page, but not from the cache page?)

Are you a Premium Member?
    Download a Pocket Query.

Another option... Download to your desktop, then load to the GPS via Drag n Drop. That should bypass the Garmin Communicator plug in.
    Last edited by Bear and Ragged; 17th May 2014 at 12:33 PM. Reason: Had another thought!
    I have a Geocaching problem...
    Work gets in the way!

* Cache Walker -Caching by byway, not highway! CacheWalker.co.uk
    Walking and Caching in Warwickshire, Worcestershire, Gloucestershire areas

Red face Re; loading geocaches

Thanks for your replies. I was trying to down load from geocache map which would not let me down load. I had to get gc No go to cache and do it that way, along way around but got there in the end. Thanks again.

Can no longer download geocaches through Garmin Communicator plug in as Google Chrome no longer supports the software (or something like that) So what do i do now

Quote Originally Posted by Cherianda View Post
    Can no longer download geocaches through Garmin Communicator plug in as Google Chrome no longer supports the software (or something like that) So what do i do now
    Are you a premium member, and do you have the GSAK program? That is what I use when I want to put more than one cache at a time into my old GPSr which I never got to work with the Communicator plugin.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherianda View Post
    Firefox web browser.

Or use Pocket Queries.
    I have a Geocaching problem...
    Work gets in the way!

* Cache Walker -Caching by byway, not highway! CacheWalker.co.uk
    Walking and Caching in Warwickshire, Worcestershire, Gloucestershire areas