Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Insurance question

On the subject of the contents of the cache, do you have any guidelines to cover people getting injured if someone has put a malicious item into the cache. This is something that our insurance department have highlighted
    "If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning."

The Hokesters Guest

I don't know Insurance Law (but if we need to I can ask a client of mine who is a risk assesor) but I would imagine that by taking part in the 'Sport' you waive your rights to public liability.

Don't ask me about insurance if someone gets injured by a cache who is actually a Muggle :huh:

I've answered back by quoting the disclaimer on the gc.com t's and c's and quoting from the website directly. Hopefully it's answered the question we were asked above. The issue of muggle security will hopefully not come up!!
    NB question came from Telford town parks park manager
    First cache being placed next Wednesday.!!!
    "If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning."

nobbynobbs Guest

disclaimers all well and good but don't exclude all liabilities. if you do something that puts someone in danger then you're still liable.

muggles even more so a problem they haven't agreed to any disclaimers....

as long as you take reasonable precautions you'll be ok.