Thanks Thanks:  21

Thread: Question 3. What's your local profile like?

Default Question 3. What's your local profile like?

Firstly, thank you to the candidates that have accepted their nominations and submitted their manifestos.

Much has been said about GAGB reaching out, both to those within the game and those from outside.

With that in mind, it would seem good communication skills and an ability to get on with everyone might be required core skills.

I'd like to ask, especially as some candidates have higher profiles and are a lot more active than others, would each candidate kindly briefly summarise what fellow cachers in their area might say about them - please be honest, not just what your pals think ;-)

Just a couple of lines is sufficient.

Thank you.
    Last edited by Dorsetgal; 17th November 2014 at 03:04 AM. Reason: Grammar

I can't imagine anyone will answer anything other than friendly, approachable and helpful so I will kick off with that.

I like to plan routes in advance methodically and can be relied upon to have a day planned out so would probably be said to have good organisational skills.

I've also assisted someone from my local council with hiding some caches giving advice on placement.

I'm regularly messaged by friends regarding various aspects of caching and if I don't know the answer I will research it. People who I've never met before have said that they admire my determination with regards to caching as I don't drive.

Not only the local Community, but Nationally and also Groundspeak, will tell you, that I will fight Tooth and Nail to protect the those within the Community and the Hobby within the UK, at what ever cost to myself. Even if I get accused of "Shouting" and being "Rude"!

I will not stand by and watch Bullying, or Trouble Making, and will vocally fight both.

That I have shown the ability to work with those misunderstood by the majority of the community, due to Disabilities of the Non Physical type.

I am extremely loyal to the Community and the Hobby

And above all, I'm brutally Honest, and will not stand back if anyone attacks me.

The local community will tell you that they highly respect me, which even now still surprises me, as I just try to give back to the community, a small part of the enjoyment, and friendship and support that they give to me.

Oh and I don't fight in a Politically Correct manner, to achieve benefits for the community, but in ways which if the community gets behind them, can achieve those goals.

Dave
    My post is my personal opinion and as such you do not have my permission to quote me outside of these forums!

Dave
    Brenin Tegeingl
    Formerly known as Mancunian Pyrocacher on GC

Up here I'm known as Auntie Jackie, and I'm usually the bringer of cake! I also am the feeder of the masses at Scottish camping events.

I'm the loud, gobby one who is usually at the middle of most major plots/capers and the one who can 'Blue Peter' an event out of the back of a motorhome In fact I'm the biggest event tart in Scotland, so most people know me.

Seriously, I spend more time working to make sure that my local cachers have a great time at events than I really should. I help out at any and every event that wants me, I've organised suprises, tops, sold coins, fundraised and generally done my best to make caching in my area as enjoyable as possible.

They're my friends, and my family, and I want them to have the best time.

I hope that everyone who knows me also knows that if they need me then all they have to do is shout and Auntie Jackie will be there.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better. - Samuel Beckett

Locally I attend a few events. I have hosted many and give talks to community groups.

I am a part of the walk for health team and network a lot.

I also run a "meetup" group all about caching.

I think I am well know and considered a decent person with a good knowledge of all aspects of caching.

I attend lots of events locally and I host 2-3 events per year. I am known locally as a friendly approachable cacher who enjoys geocaching. I help other cachers when I can and often get calls to help. I really enjoy geocaching and like to help others and promote geocaching whenever I can.

GAGB Chair
    2015-2020
    GAGB Committee member since March 2014
    UK Mega Event Vice Chairman 2013 (West Midlands)

How I am perceived by the caching community?

Well, I have been described as passionate about caching, friendly and open to meeting new people discussing new ideas.

I enjoy a laugh but also have a serious side and am able to communicate well with private land owners or government bodies when seeking permission to place a cache, for example.

The best lesson you can learn in life is that you can't please everyone all the time, so once you accept that, life is easier!

Thank you for your replies 👍