Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How many people have signed up to GAGB?

Lassitude Guest

Can we have some stats on how many Geocachers are signed up and who has signed up?

Thanks

Chris

Originally posted by Lassitude@Jun 29 2003, 05:28 PM
    Can we have some stats on how many Geocachers are signed up and who has signed up?

Thanks

Chris
    The No's of members is ok. but the caretaker admin would have to email every member for permision to reveal their names. As they would be breaking the privacy policie. For the record I'm Happy to reveal I'm a member. GC.COM user name Mancunian Pyrocacher. GAGB user name Mancunian. Member no 33.
    My post is my personal opinion and as such you do not have my permission to quote me outside of these forums!

Dave
    Brenin Tegeingl
    Formerly known as Mancunian Pyrocacher on GC

As Mancunian says above, we cannot disclose who the members are, because at the outset we said we wouldn't.

However, we have had just short of 200 sign up, of which about 100 regularly visit this forum.

We regularly go through and weed out duplicate sign-ups (we have our ways h34r: ) so I guess the actual total of genuine members is probably around 170.

The highest Member No. I've seen on a forum post is over 150, so assuming they're continuous there have to be at least that many of us.

As Mancunian says, the privacy policy doesn't allow the revealing of names, but it would be interesting to know the official number of members.

Edit: Admin beat me to it!
    ​​Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light. (Dylan Thomas)​

dogastus Guest

I've just signed up here and, as you can see, that my membership number is 162.

Nigel.

Not far off the mark then :lol:

Nothing to add at all.......just wanted to see what member number we were!!!

Sorry

Mr & Mrs Hedgehog Guest

Same here. Just wondering what our membership number was...... Not that I'm a number I'm a free man .... oh wait it appears that I'm number 155.... oh well

Now if everyone checks their membership number, we'll have a complete list of members!
    ​​Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light. (Dylan Thomas)​

Happy to reveal that I'm a member too. But then you might have guessed that :P

Dave

What's my number Mr Admin Sir? :

dodgydaved

PS I sometimes get an error message that tells me I can't do this or that cos I'm not logged in, when I am, any ideas???

We are happy to reveal that we are members, happy members even .

Originally posted by dodgydaved@Jul 2 2003, 08:25 PM
    I sometimes get an error message that tells me I can't do this or that cos I'm not logged in, when I am, any ideas???
    Some things are disabled, for instance, the members list (because we said we would not reveal this info) and add an event to the calendar (to prevent abuse).

Some people need access to those functions. For example, Admin needs to be able to add events to the calendar. Members logon does not allow them access to add to the calendar but an admin logon does, so you are likely to get that error if you try to do something that your logon does not allow.

Hope taht helps.

Onward and upward

Hi Just thought we would let you know that we are mebers as well

We are disabled as well that is why we call ourselves the Wobbly Club

Just wanted to see what member number we were!

Adam & Lisa