Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Sad News

Unhappy Sad News

It is with a Sad Heart that I have been asked to pass on the news, that one of the very first Geocachers in the UK John Stead has Passed Away, following a long battle with Illness

I and my family meet John way back in 2003 and he was a fantastic friend to many within the Geocaching Community.

He was a Gentleman's Gentleman, who had a heart of solid Gold.

The thoughts of my family and myself, go out to Johns Family and Friends, he will leave a huge hole within the Geocaching Community.

Dave
    GAGB Committee Member
    My post is my personal opinion and as such you do not have my permission to quote me outside of these forums!

Dave
    Brenin Tegeingl
    Formerly known as Mancunian Pyrocacher on GC

This is very sad news
    My heart and prayers go out to John's Family and friends.

Heth X
    "Defeat may test you; It need not stop you. If at first you don't succeed, try another way. For every obstacle, there is a solution. Nothing in the world can take the place of persistance. The greatest mistake is giving up."
    Author Unknown :socool:

I'm very sorry to hear that. I never met John, but his online presence in the early days was such that I felt I knew him personally. He was a great asset to caching and he'll be greatly missed. My thoughts and prayers are with his family.
    ​​Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light. (Dylan Thomas)​

Sad news - I had the pleasure of meeting John on at least two occasions - a gentleman indeed

I was sorry to hear this - he was an active contributor to the GAGB forums in the early days

I don't recall meeting him (but may have done at events we both went to) however did find/log some of his virtual caches.
    GAGB member since 2005
    GAGB Committee member 2010 to 2016 (Chair 2012 to 2015)
    UK Mega Event Chairman 2009 (Weston-super-Mare)

RIP and thoughts are with family and friends- from us both at the UK Geocaching Podcast.