The GAGB have been contacted this week by a producer from Shine TV who is working on a program for Channel 4.

We have told her we will pass on the details to geocachers:

Hi there

I wanted to get in touch to have an exploratory discussion about a major new Channel 4 series.

I am a producer for Shine TV. Following the success of The Island with Bear Grylls, we were asked by Channel 4 to develop an urban based adventure series. We have now been commissioned to make an ambitious high profile multimedia series that will follow a group of individuals as they attempt to live off-grid and undercover for 4 - 5 weeks. The series will follow their journeys as they try to avoid capture by a team of experts who will be working around the clock to try and track them down. Our team will include some of the most dynamic and respected law enforcement and military experts in finding wanted or missing people. Our trackers will be using their own skills, technology and know-how to trace the participants.
Where possible, we want to find ways to involve existing national networks and resources in the search, in the same way police might tap into their trusted networks. I’d love the opportunity to learn more about the geocaching community, hear your thoughts about our project and find out if there might be a way of involving you in the project in some way.
Shine TV is one of the UK’s leading independent production companies who create and develop many shows for the major channels including Masterchef (BBC1), The Island with Bear Grylls (Channel 4), Stobart: Trucks, Planes and Trains (Five) and Idris Elba: King of Speed (BBC2). The Shine Group includes 27 production companies in 11 different countries, for more information please see http://shinegroup.tv
I can be reached of either of the numbers below.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Best regards,
Helen Crampton

Helen Crampton, Producer/Director, Shine TV
42 Gloucester Avenue, London NW1 8JD
DD: +44 (0)207 483 6661
M: +44 (0)7901 671282
Helen.Crampton@shine.tv