Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Log Books

m0bob Guest

Hi I'm Bob (M0BOB = a radio amateur call sign),

I have just started learning about Geocaching, and I have registered for the .com site and this one after finding a cache by accident last weekend in N.Ireland. My girlfriend has also registered on the .com site as Shamrockgirl. (She hasn't seen this site yet). I am hoping to hide a few caches myself once I get organised. I would like to know if there are any recommended places to purchase the small yellow log books, I see them on one web site, but they seemed expensive. Does this forum sell their own log books to members?

Thanks,

Bob - M0BOB.

:unsure:

Welcome MoBob and ShamrockGirl to our sport/game/obsession and have fun.
    May I strongly suggest you find a few caches before you try hiding any so you can see what is good and what is bad. You will find that there is no need to use the official log books (though Geocaching.com will be pleased if you do as that provides some of their revenue), and a variety are used from rolled slips of preprinted paper in micro caches (e.g. 35mm film boxes or smaller) to rather nice notebooks. Sample log sheets are available on the website or you can make your own. Don't hesitate to ask here or on the geocaching.com forum for help - we're a friendly bunch.
    Enjoy your caching!

nobbynobbs Guest

just to agree, welcome to the sport and the site but resist placing any for now. get a few found then take your time placing one. it's quaity not quantity that counts.

m0bob Guest

Hi,

Thanks for the advice. I am getting used to using my Garmin GPS V, slowly getting there. (Good job, I was a Boy Scout many moons ago...lol)

Bye 4 now,

Rob.