Thanks Thanks:  48

Thread: Question 1 - Roles within the committee

Default Question 1 - Roles within the committee

Do you have any skills and experiences that the GAGB could benefit from, and are there any specific committee roles you would be interested in?

The main committee roles are:
    Secretary
    Treasurer
    Webmaster
    Land owner database (GLAD)
    Editor Seeker Magazine
    Communication - emails and phone calls
    Social Media - Facebook & Twitter
    Shop Manager
    Last edited by Sharon - Sharant; 11th November 2015 at 11:13 PM. Reason: Added Shop Manager to committee roles

Should I be re-elected I would be happy to continue my current roles of treasurer and some social media duties. Certainly I believe the treasurer role would benefit from continuity.

I have an good understanding of database principles and also would be happy to help with all communication and use of social media. I would not wish to take the role of treasurer or secretary at this time. I am familiar with advertising/promotion through facebook, twitter, google+for business IFTTT and wordpress. As far as editor of a magazine goes - although I can spell and put a sentence together, I tend not to bother because that's why I have Angie!

I have IT and admin experience and would be happy take on any role that I was asked but with my experience feel I could help with Social media on facebook and twitter, web site design and the role of secretary as have experience of miniting business meetings. I would like to help with communication but due to my day time job I would be limited on phone calls I could take during the working day nut email or online wouldn't be a problem.
    Thanks

Jackie (JnK Fox)

I will do whatever is needed, and at the moment it may make sense for me to continue with shop.

As concerns have been raised over the way I have handled communications then perhaps Its best I don't continue to deal with these?

GLAD is an area I would like to do more with.

I would like to help develop discounts with caching partners where possible and hopefully get in to the landowner agreements too.

I've got some organisational skills as part of my day job, and feel I'd be good in a role that brings some organisation and direction to our comms - being welcoming to new folk, being useful to cachers and being an advocate to other organisations - but since I do think this should be a major part of what we do as an organisation, I would look to working with all sorts of folks both on the committee and elsewhere to make it happen.

The Seeker mag is very well done right now, but I'd also like to think I could suggest some ways in which it could be more focused, as per my manifesto ideas.

So much of this depends on what all of the committee decide to do - we need enthusiastic folks who want to take something and run with it - so finally I'd like to say I'm also good at keeping out of something that doesn't need me! So I'm happy to step in and help with other stuff too (interface design, database, social media, shop, financials, whatever) if others ask for help.

Ant

During my time on the committee, I have been involved to some extent in all of the roles Sharon has listed so my preference to role/s may change depending on the skill sets of the rest of the successful candidates.

I have a reasonable level of IT knowledge but not to the depth of webmaster or programming. So although I am happy to assist with routine website & GLAD updates and forum admin I don't have the skills to take on a primary role in those areas.

As I am sure the current (and past) committee will know, I pay attention to detail e.g. proof reading Seeker & website. I also try to make sure we are keeping records of all assets & communications (something that has frustrated me and been very hard to control over the past year). Although to be fair, these are things that I would expect all committee members to be involved with and doing on a regular basis.

I would like to take on Shop Manager/Stock control and to promote the GAGB branded items. I had initially thought I would offer to take on the secretary role, but having read the manifestos, I am sure we have other candidates for that role. I have currently been doing some of the social media updates (Twitter & Facebook) but am happy to leave those to others - as long as they happen regularly (otherwise I will be itching to do them!)
    GAGB member since 2005
    GAGB Committee member 2010 to 2016 (Chair 2012 to 2015)
    UK Mega Event Chairman 2009 (Weston-super-Mare)

The roles that I feel I would be best suited to are: Secretary, Editor and GLAD. I don't feel that I have enough knowledge to be webmaster, trying to insert pictures onto a cache listing is trying enough!

I would be interested in helping in any way I can; given my experience administrating the CacheWalker forum and running #UKGeocachingHour on Twitter, my obvious choice would be webmaster or social media. I may not have full knowledge of all the elements of the webmaster role, however I would be willing to learn anything that is new to me. I would also be happy to write some articles for Seeker if needed, which I have done once before.
    GAGB Chair
    Chair 2020-2021 & 2023-
    Vice Chair 2019-2020
    Committee Member since 2015
    Member since 2012