With the committee members being spread out wide across the UK, the committee meetings are held online (2014/15 had 9 meetings) and allow us to keep a written record of the dialogue from which the minutes are created. However, there are limited things that can be discussed online in 1.5 to 2 hours and therefore the meetings are normally used to make final decisions with the initial discussion happening in the committee forums.

One of my personal frustrations since being Chairman (not just this year) is that not all committee members are connecting in-between meetings. There has been periods of weeks and sometime months between a committee member participating in the committe forums or even logging in!

I know this is a voluntary job, but we can't do all the things we want to (and need to do) with only 2hrs of discussion every 4-6wks. These days with most people having smart phones and access to the Internet, it isn't difficult to set up alerts for posts and interact and communicate with the rest of the team.

Naturally, there are some job roles that will require more time than others (or at specific times of the month/year) but the most important thing is that the committee works as a team to get things progressed.

Therefore, my question is:

How much time do you think you need to commit to the GAGB in a week?

How much time do you actually have to give?