Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Geocaching.org.uk

Please book mark Geocaching.org.uk this is the finished look for the site and has a couple of interactive features already. The first dual listed cache is also viewable (but not yet loggable on Grg). Please give any praise to the web master and any complaints to me . Features will be added on a rolling basis until we are ready to accept membership to the site, so please keep popping back to see what's new.

Dave
    My post is my personal opinion and as such you do not have my permission to quote me outside of these forums!

Dave
    Brenin Tegeingl
    Formerly known as Mancunian Pyrocacher on GC

When will it be ready to accept new cache listings?
    John
    Age and treachery will always triumph over youth and ability.

Originally posted by Pharisee@Sep 19 2005, 04:28 PM
    When will it be ready to accept new cache listings?
    I will chase up the web master about that and see if he can give me a time scale. As soon as the site is ready to accept listings, a management committee will be elected to take over the running of the site. Just like GAGB elected members will run the site on behalf of the UK caching community, allowing the Approvers flexibility over certain types of caches which GC will not allow listed (I'm not trying to bring old wars to the front, so please leave the past in the past, so that the wounds can continue healing).

Dave
    My post is my personal opinion and as such you do not have my permission to quote me outside of these forums!

Dave
    Brenin Tegeingl

I've had a quick word with the Webmaster, who can't comit to a timescale at the momemnt for fear of not being able to meet it. Unlike GC, Grg is being set up as an non profit site. Which means that developing the site has to be fitted in with family life, work and caching by the webmaster. I on the other hand have the time (spouses full time carer) but not the skills needed.

I promise to keep you updated with every development on the site, as soon as I personaly know about it. At the end of the day we are trying to be as open as possible about the site, as ultimatly it's the UK geocaching comunity who will be running it.

If any one wishes to contact me directly or has any questions or comments which they would like a direct answer, I can be reached at dave(@)geocaching.org.uk [remove ()] I will do my best to answer ASAP.

Dave

Dave
    Brenin Tegeingl

paul.blitz Guest

Hey, there's something missing on that front page

I mean, I see a link to geocaching.com, and one to geocacheuk.com, but the one to gagb.org.uk seems to have been forgotten : :unsure:

I shall go into the corner and sulk......

Paul

Sorry Paul that's my fault I promise to go and stand in the corner with the dunces hat on. I'll email the web master and get him to change it ASAP! Apologys to every member of GAGB for missing the association out.

Dave :unsure:

Dave
    Brenin Tegeingl

Wood Smoke Guest

Originally posted by paul.blitz@Sep 28 2005, 08:13 PM
    Hey, there's something missing on that front page

I mean, I see a link to geocaching.com, and one to geocacheuk.com, but the one to gagb.org.uk seems to have been forgotten : :unsure:

Paul
    Done.

WoodSmoke