Thanks Thanks:  28

Thread: Question 7 - Commitment to the job

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Question 7 - Commitment to the job

This is related to a question already asked about Time and Commitment but as it's about a particular subject I felt a separate question would be better. For those who may not know me I'm one of the Geocaching HQ reviewers in the UK. My role in that team is as liaison - I'm usually the point of contact for the team for questions about cache problems, landowner issues etc.

I'm fortunate in being retired and having plenty of time to devote to both reviewing and keeping the UK Geocaching Wiki updated. This involves changes to landowner information, new entries and early this year a major update to the map overlays I've created for many of the entries in the Wiki and the GLAD. This had to be done after Google stopped support for 3rd party maps. I always keep the GAGB informed of what I'm doing but this year I've been rather disappointed the information I've provided to the GAGB hasn't been acted upon which has resulted in the GLAD now being in need of an urgent update. I will be frank here, my priority is the Wiki because that is what we refer to when reviewing caches but we do make references to entries in the GLAD sometimes so it's essential for us the data there is up to date. I consider it an important part of the communication between the GAGB and myself to pass on what I'm doing. Can I be reassured the new committee will bring the GLAD up to date and continue to maintain it?
    Last edited by LadybugKids; 17th November 2015 at 08:57 PM. Reason: Added question number to Title Block