Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Hidden benefit to landowner

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

As stated elsewhere we have gained permission for caches in Telford Town Park. We have been routinely forwarding the find logs to the park manager who is then forwarding them to all her staff.
    This is forming the basis for a continual park survey as opposed to the annual one they have to do as a public park.
    In other words the cache logs give them live feedback on what people think of the parks.
    "If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning."

I think this demonstrates one of the very real benefits to landowners of having caches on their land that have been placed with their co-operation and permission. I know that some other landowners have discovered similar benefits with caches on their land, and I think this is something that it's well worth mentioning when applying for landowner permission. The cache will not only bring them visitors, but provide them with immediate feedback too, giving them information about what visitors have thought of their site, and potentially alerting them to problems that may need attention.
    ​​Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light. (Dylan Thomas)​