Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: GAGB Annual Elections are due in November

paul.blitz Guest

Formal notice for GAGB elections
    =====================

As you may remember, we hold our Committee & Chairman elections in November, and I have to set the election date by 1st October.

Today is 28th September, so I'm ok :P

As before, we'll hold the election for Chairman first, then elect the rest of the committee.

So:
    - the election for Chairman will run from Sat 5th November to Sat 12th November.
    - the election for the 5 committee members will be from Sat 19th November to Sat 26th November.

According to the constitution, nominations for the elections need to be in at least 7 days before the election: nominations can either be posted in the forums (I'd suggest in this thread) or by email to me (in my capacity as chairman)

Only GAGB members aged 18 and over are eligible to stand.

Paul Blitz
    Chairman

paul.blitz Guest

Now WITHOUT the chairman hat on, I need to let you all know that I do NOT intend to stand as chairman again this year.

Not only have I actually done ****** all for GAGB this last year, my commitments at Winchester Hospital Radio have dramatically increased this year (as well as being Chief Engineer, they also appointed me as Programme Controller!!!&#33, so I just don't have enough time.

Heck, I've hardly gone caching in the last 6 months!

So, PLEASE think if you can help out either on the GAGB committee, or as chairman. I can promise you that being the Chairman is actually NOT an onerous job... you may feel you need to answer a few emails, maybe go an attend a geocaching bash or two.... kissing babies is NOT a required part of the job!

Being on the GAGB committee is very much what YOU make of it... some members have been pretty active on the landowner negotiation side, others have very much taken a back seat, but have been willing to think about things, passing suitable comments.

So DON'T be scared off, do help out!

Paul

I'd like to nominate Bill D for Chairman.

Bill has put considerable work into GAGB, managing the New Forest caches with the UK Reviewers, receiving all phone messages to the GAGB phone number and answering many of the queries which come via the website.

He has the ideal qualities to take on the Chairman role in that he is good at communicating and organising people, and I know that he shares one essential characteristic with me:

We believe in GAGB and would like to see it grow and achieve more for the UK caching community.

Caching since 2001
    Founder member of GAGB (2003)
    Committee (2003-2013)
    Chair of GAGB (2010-2012)
    Negotiator of 18 Landowner Agreements
    GAGB Friend

I'd like to second Bill's nomination.

Dave
    My post is my personal opinion and as such you do not have my permission to quote me outside of these forums!

Dave
    Brenin Tegeingl
    Formerly known as Mancunian Pyrocacher on GC

I'm somewhat surprised and very flattered to have been nominated and seconded for the post of Chairman! Thank you Dave of the Wombles for nominating me, and Dave MP for seconding the nomination.

I've found the work that I've done for GAGB during the year and a half that I've been on the committee very time-consuming, sometimes frustrating and all too often something of a thankless task! Much like the work I've done for other committees in the past, in fact. Nonetheless, I do feel that GAGB have made a great deal of progress during that time, and are fulfilling a task which is essential to the future of caching in this country. I would like to see that work continue, and I'm willing to help with it myself in whatever ways I can, so after some consideration I've decided that I would be prepared to act as Chairman of GAGB, should I be elected.

I hereby accept the nomination.
    ​​Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light. (Dylan Thomas)​

I'd like to nominate Dave Edwards of The Wombles for the Committee. Dave has done an enormous amount of work for GAGB, including seeing a whole string of landowner agreements through to completion, and I'd be delighted to see him on the committee again this coming year.
    ​​Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light. (Dylan Thomas)​

Thanks to Bill for his nomination which I accept.

In the last year I have been able to add another five landowner agreements to our permissions and would like to continue this work. I believe that GAGB is the right solution to permission for caching in the UK but would like to see it more active in the coming year.

I hope that others will take this opportunity to take a lead in building a better GAGB for the future.

Caching since 2001
    Committee (2003-2013)
    GAGB Friend

Just for the avoidance of doubt, Bill nominated me for a committe post and not for Chairman. Whilst I am happy to accept the nomination for a committee post, I would not able to accept a nomination for Chairman.

Caching since 2001
    Committee (2003-2013)
    GAGB Friend

paul.blitz Guest

Oh, BOTHER! Must read the words FAR more carefully. My humblest appologies to Dave for messing up!

Paul

No problem Paul

Caching since 2001
    Committee (2003-2013)
    GAGB Friend