Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New GAGB Chairman

paul.blitz Guest

As Bill D was the only person to be nominated for the post of Chairman, it is with great pleasure that I formally confirm that Bill becomes our new chairman.

I'm not planning any big speech / posting as outgoing chairman... I've really done close to nothing this last year... unlike Bill, who has been FAR more active than I have.

However, I will say a BIG THANK YOU to the members of the GAGB committee for their ongoing hard work... work that I am sure is greatly appreciated by the UK caching community.

OK, Bill, here's the key to the executive loo... remember to flush as you leave!!!! Oh, and don't leave the light on.....

Paul Blitz
    Retiring Chairman

Thank you, Paul.

I won't make any speeches now, as a new committee is yet to be elected. I'll just say that I'm delighted to be the new Chairman of GAGB, and I'll endeavour to carry out that role to the best of my ability during the coming year. And thank you again to Dave of The Wombles and to Dave Mancunian Pyrocacher for nominating and seconding me.
    ​​Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light. (Dylan Thomas)​

Congratulations Bill on becoming GAGB's second Chairman (though that should read Chairperson or even Leader of the Association ) , it was a pleasure seconding you for the position.

Dave
    My post is my personal opinion and as such you do not have my permission to quote me outside of these forums!

Dave
    Brenin Tegeingl
    Formerly known as Mancunian Pyrocacher on GC

Excuse me!

where was the election announced. I have checked all my email accounts! Including junk mail!

What sort of election is it where the membership do not get to vote?

Not a happy snake bitter!

Mongoose

Oh sorry I have just received it. So the election was announced and a chairman elected without a chance for others to be nominated.

Nice

Mongoose as Bill was the only person to be nominated for chairman by the closing date he automaticaly became chairman by default. I just checked the registard email address for here and had 3 emails containing Paul Blitz's posts, so they were sent out.

The elections were anounced on this board Here check out the date of the first post.

Dave
    My post is my personal opinion and as such you do not have my permission to quote me outside of these forums!

Dave
    Brenin Tegeingl

No Dave that is not good enough. We had no opportunity to nominate and the election is not till the 5tth

Tony this is from the original post regarding the nominations and elections,

So:
    - the election for Chairman will run from Sat 5th November to Sat 12th November.
    - the election for the 5 committee members will be from Sat 19th November to Sat 26th November.

According to the constitution, nominations for the elections need to be in at least 7 days before the election: nominations can either be posted in the forums (I'd suggest in this thread) or by email to me (in my capacity as chairman)
    and is dated and timed as follows "Sep 28 2005, 08:29 PM" the mistake I think the Chairman and committee made is not emailing everyone to tell them about the thread and elections. Nominations were open from 28th September until the 29th of October. As only Bill was nominated and seconded for the post of chairman by the end of the 29th under the constitution there was no need for a election to take place.

As I posted on GC I have GAGB in firefox with other geocaching forums and open all the tabs at the same time and check all of them several times a day, so I saw the original post the day it was posted.

Everyone has until the 11th of November to either put themselves or someone else forward for election to the committee.

I hope this straightens things out.

Dave

Dave
    Brenin Tegeingl

No things are not straightend out.

I'd say they were. Seems simple enough to me. Which part is difficult to understand?
    Rich

Originally posted by el10t@Nov 3 2005, 08:55 AM
    I'd say they were. Seems simple enough to me. Which part is difficult to understand?
    The part where we get to elect a chair?

Is that difficult to understand?

oh dear, one of the biggest problems of trying to run an association on the net is that its members will never be able to communicate and get all of the facts, unlike people with a physical presence

the people who have the power, may always hold the power and there can be little revolt

sorry!

moote Guest

Originally posted by paul.blitz@Nov 2 2005, 09:05 PM
    As Bill D was the only person to be nominated for the post of Chairman, it is with great pleasure that I formally confirm that Bill becomes our new chairman.
    OK if the majority were not clearly made aware that this position was up for grabs; I feel that the most graceful thing to do here is that the New Chairperson steps down and the process is restarted now that we all appear to be getting aware.

Milton (aka Moote on GC.com)

Posted in my very own special log off way :lol:

No - if the election for chairMAN was carried out properly it must stand.
    If as seems to be the case a few did not get the email reminding of the election, that is unfortunate but I have seen no evidence that "the majority" did not know about it - they may not have done anything about it but that does not mean they did not know.
    In any case all members who had read the constitution knew the dates when the elections take place and the requirement for nominations to be made in advance.
    I am sorry that you are aggrieved but as far as I can see Paul Blitz has acted properly and the new ChairMAN should be allowed to get on with it with support from the members and if you want to influence the future of GAGB then if the members accept you as a member of the Committee you will have your opportunity.
    Enjoy your caching!

moote Guest

Originally posted by John Stead@Nov 3 2005, 12:51 PM
    No - if the election for chairMAN was carried out properly it must stand.
    If as seems to be the case a few did not get the email reminding of the election, that is unfortunate but I have seen no evidence that "the majority" did not know about it - they may not have done anything about it but that does not mean they did not know.
    In any case all members who had read the constitution knew the dates when the elections take place and the requirement for nominations to be made in advance.
    I am sorry that you are aggrieved but as far as I can see Paul Blitz has acted properly and the new ChairMAN should be allowed to get on with it with support from the members and if you want to influence the future of GAGB then if the members accept you as a member of the Committee you will have your opportunity.
    Sorry John I can't fully agree with this, there has been doubts raised and that becomes an issue, we can't be stamped on by saying that it is all fair and square.

Milton (aka Moote off GC.com)