Thanks Thanks:  80

Thread: 2015/16 GAGB Committee Election Results

Default 2015/16 GAGB Committee Election Results

As Returning Officer and on behalf of the GAGB Committee, after 334 ballots were cast, the results of the 2015/16 GAGB Committee Election are:

Ballot for Election of 2015/2016 GAGB Committee
    Answer Options/Response Percent/Response Count
    Jen Harley - Maple Leaf 75.61% 248
    Richard Lay - Richlay 63.11% 207
    Arthur Griffiths -Griff Grof 57.62% 189
    Ant Reid - sharant 56.40% 185
    Adam Redshaw -UKCacheMag 52.74% 173
    Kim Leonard -Leonards193 50.61% 166
    Alan Brook -twoofnine 48.48% 159
    Jackie Fox - JnK Fox 43.29% 142

Abigail Hamilton-Thompson - Abiherts 38.41% 126

Answered question (completed ballot): 328
    Skipped question (started, but did not complete ballot): 6

The top eight vote recipients will serve on the 2015/16 GAGB Committee.

Congratulations to the winners and many thanks to all who stood to serve on the Committee.

A pdf copy of the SurveyMonkey report is attached to this post.

It's been a pleasure serving once again as GAGB Returning Officer.

At your service,

Michael Malvick/Ladybug Kids
    2015/16 GAGB Returning Officer
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by LadybugKids; 23rd November 2015 at 11:09 PM. Reason: Inserting spaces that did not come accross with copy and paste.
    In Alaska, the best athletes eat raw meat, sleep in the snow, and run naked.
    Ladybug Kids' gc.com profile
    Visit the GeocacheAlaska! website.

Thanks once again Michael and well done to the successful candidates. Commiserations once more Abigail, I'm sure we can get you involved some how.

Thank you to everyone that voted for me and I look forward to supporting Sharon in her first year as Chair.

Commiserations yet again to Abi - thank you for standing for a third year. I had hoped that you would get voted on this year, but I am sure there are things that you can still be involved which will get your name known amongst GAGB members.

Thank you to Mike (LadyBug Kids) for acting as our Returning Officer - your time & help is appreciated.
    GAGB member since 2005
    GAGB Committee member 2010 to 2016 (Chair 2012 to 2015)
    UK Mega Event Chairman 2009 (Weston-super-Mare)

Congratulations to all the successful candidates
    We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm and adventure. There is no end to the adventures that we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open. Jawaharlal Nehru

Thank you to Mike (LadyBugKids Kids) for acting as our returning officer.
    Congratulations to the successful candidates. Commiserations to Abi, thank you for standing for a 3rd year. We will discuss at our first meeting how you can get involved.

GAGB Chair
    2015-2020
    GAGB Committee member since March 2014
    UK Mega Event Vice Chairman 2013 (West Midlands)

Many thanks to those who took part and voted. I look forward to working with the other committee members.

Many thanks to those who voted for me. Disappointed not to make it onto the committee but I am looking forward to assisting the appointed members if I can be of any help.

Abi - also commiserations from me - and do please let us know - via email if you like - what you feel most confident in doing. In my opinion the committee need to get into the habit of seeking, valuing, and encouraging all members to get involved in what it is we do. Perhaps Sharon can then match your own skills with something we do.

@everyone - This isn't special treatment for Abi - if you have some skills that you think we need, please let us know, via the forums or email, what you can do. The committee will need to agree a vision for the year, i think (oh how corporate!) and it'd really help if we knew what people can do and where they are!

Ant

Mike - THANK YOU for being our independent returning officer and handling this so competently.

Jen - thank you for running the GAGB so well recently - it's been hard work to keep all the elements chugging along with only a few folk to help you, I know, and its taken a lot of your time. I see we have an active, enthusiastic and creative bunch on the committee now, and lets see what direction Sharon can give us and how we can all help make that happen.

And thanks go to several other people here - thank you to the members for voting - whomever you voted for - you took part, you care, and that's earned you 'thanks' from me! Additional thanks for those who read the forum notices, and even more for those who posed questions and engaged in dialogue on the forums. I think I have a few thanks left over here, so would like to hand those out all the candidates for being brave enough to stand and field questions - win or lose you represent cachers, and that's what GAGB is all about, yeah?

Do you feel like you've been given a lot of 'thanks' just then? They're like nectar points - all 'thanks' awarded to you can be traded in at any time at GAGB events, in campaigns, or on the forums and facebook groups - just get involved and active in the community. The more people we have doing things, the more we can do!
    Last edited by Antreid; 23rd November 2015 at 11:47 AM.

Just want to reiterate what others have said above! Thanks to everyone who voted and participated in the elections - it's an honour to have been elected for a role on the committee, thank you. Commiserations to Abi, but, as others have said, I'm sure you can get involved in one way or another

I'd like to also say a big thanks to Mike for doing a great job once again.

Very excited to get started and see what we can achieve for the GAGB in the year to come.
    GAGB Chair
    Chair 2020-2021 & 2023-
    Vice Chair 2019-2020
    Committee Member since 2015
    Member since 2012

Well done to all who stood for election.

Good to see some much needed new blood on the team. It is a shame that we have to say "no" to people who are willing to give time and effort to the GAGB. We should look to change the constitution so people are not feeling let down if they are unsuccessful.

There is a lot of hard work to do in the year ahead - I know I have a lot of work to do to improve on my performance in the last 12 months.

That's been on the agenda for 2 years Adam!

Congratulations and best wishes to you all

Well done to all those who were elected.
    I really do hope that GAGB will take up offers of help from members, especially abiherts.
    It is terrible when there is only one person too many for the places available and awful for the one who doesn't get in. However, she's shown so much commitment, enthusiasm and courage by standing 3 times now and not being elected.

When I was elected and served only 1 year 2013/14.
    I did ask how GAGB would get others involved who stood and was not elected, which was quite a few that year.
    I was not aware if she was invited to be involved, - was she?
    The Chair said we needed to have the first few committee meetings initially which is understandable.

As others have mentioned, it is important that the constitution is reviewed to explore being amended by the committee asap so people feel they can firstly approach GAGB to offer help even if it's temp or one off jobs, and also feel they are valued and welcomed to be involved in some way

As the saying goes - use it or lose it, which as I've heard many times, applies to willing volunteers too.

All the best to the elected committee at GAGB, abiherts and all willing volunteers,
    "Defeat may test you; It need not stop you. If at first you don't succeed, try another way. For every obstacle, there is a solution. Nothing in the world can take the place of persistance. The greatest mistake is giving up."
    Author Unknown :socool:

You are all most welcome!

This year featured the smoothest election I have helped with. I thank Jen, Sharon, and all the candidates who stood for election for making it easy for me.

I am happy to help again next year work and travel permitting, if the Constitution continues to require a Returning Officer, and the Committee invites me back.
    In Alaska, the best athletes eat raw meat, sleep in the snow, and run naked.
    Ladybug Kids' gc.com profile
    Visit the GeocacheAlaska! website.