Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Committee elections

Originally posted by Muggle@Nov 21 2005, 10:02 AM

There is no foolproof way of doing this. I know that in my case the email address that I used when I signed up was no longer valid and I did not know.

In all the online communities I belong to, it is the responsibility of the member to ensure that their email address is current. Why would here be any different?

It's difficult to know how the case of the email adress going under without anyone knowing could be gotten around, unless of course there are regular mailings. Now different people have widely differing views about mailings that they perceive to be unimportant.

Perhaps an idea would be ... to test the emails a month or so before an welection is called...more work though.

The best way IMHO would be to sign up using an email address that you use for other things, then you would know quickly if it became unobtainable.

Like so many things in life, there comes a time when one has to take responsibility for ones own affairs and accept, I didn't check, therefore I didn't know!

Again Wendy

I would suggest moving on.

I would prefer to have this conversation with you of the forum perhaps the next time we are in the chat room we can talke advantage of the pm service and discuss this properly.

Thanks

Tony

Tony, this is an open forum for all members to have discussions.

I was in fact answering the post, with suggestions in response to the previous post by "Muggle".

If you want to chip in, that's fine, but you don't need a chat room for that!

I agree Wendy it is an open forum,

However there is an issue that you keep raising which I would rather discuss with you in private.