Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Membership

Mattwaggie Guest

I was a member of this site before the vote was announced without any fanfare or alerts... Now why am I a non-voting member?

I should be allowed a vote, unless of course it is a biased election, and other votes may alter this.

test

Mattwaggie wrote:
    I was a member of this site before the vote was announced without any fanfare or alerts... Now why am I a non-voting member?
    You'll find the explanation earlier in this thread. You're now a "Member" with voting rights, and anyone else who should be but isn't only has to ask.
    ​​Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light. (Dylan Thomas)​

You'll find the explanation earlier in this thread. You're now a "Member" with voting rights, and anyone else who should be but isn't only has to ask.
    Can we also have the block on seeing the membership list and member profiles removed?

-
    Muggle - One Voice - One Vote

lordelph Guest

Can I be a member too please?

Many thanks!

lordelph wrote:
    Can I be a member too please?
    Done.
    ​​Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light. (Dylan Thomas)​

helen in mustardland Guest

How does one become a member of this, please?

Test, Voting or Non-voting,

Now we know,

member us please!!
    We like Greens

Originally posted by Muggle@Nov 17 2005, 11:48 PM
    But you don't allow "ordinary" members to see the membership list. What is this, some kind of secret society?

I've never been a member of any club, society or organisation before where the members list is undisclosed.

If I choose to nomnate someone for office, how could I find a seconder if I don't even know who the other members are?

-
    Hmmmmm, we could say the same of you Muggle, as your name looks a bit like an alias!

Unless of course this is you, with a grand total of four caches found in Utah?

I personally know who Muggle is (not me) this is a long time Uk cacher.

Tony

Originally posted by Mongoose39uk@Nov 18 2005, 06:22 PM
    I personally know who Muggle is (not me) this is a long time Uk cacher.

Tony
    Hmmmm, you may well do Tony, however, I don't and for someone using an alias to post here to criticise that there are no open membership lists is a bit rich frankly.

Originally posted by Dorsetgal@Nov 18 2005, 06:42 PM

Hmmmm, you may well do Tony, however, I don't and for someone using an alias to post here to criticise that there are no open membership lists is a bit rich frankly.
    Don't talk rubbish.

Who is Dorsetgal? Is that the name on your birth certificate??? <_<
    Everyone uses aliases in geocaching.

Originally posted by Dorsetgal@Nov 18 2005, 06:42 PM
    Hmmmm, you may well do Tony, however, I don&#39;t and for someone using an alias to post here to criticise that there are no open membership lists is a bit rich frankly.
    To be fair, we are all using aliases. You don&#39;t think my real name is Tigger do you?

Just because muggle isn&#39;t using his/her caching name, it doesn&#39;t mean they have any less rights than any other member.

T

Originally posted by Tigger@Nov 18 2005, 06:46 PM
    Just because muggle isn&#39;t using his/her caching name, it doesn&#39;t mean they have any less rights than any other member.

T
    And it isn&#39;t exactly difficult to work out who Muggle is anyway. B)

Originally posted by Muggle+Nov 18 2005, 06:43 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Muggle @ Nov 18 2005, 06:43 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Dorsetgal@Nov 18 2005, 06:42 PM

Hmmmm, you may well do Tony, however, I don&#39;t and for someone using an alias to post here to criticise that there are no open membership lists is a bit rich frankly.
    Don&#39;t talk rubbish.

Who is Dorsetgal? Is that the name on your birth Certifiacte??? <_< [/b][/quote]
    Ahem, I don&#39;t want to get into a slanging match with someone who won&#39;t identify themselves under their geocaching name, neither will I stoop to derisory one liners about their ill informed comments.

In fact, that says it all really, doesn&#39;t it?