Thanks Thanks:  1

Thread: Need to reapply for permission

Default Need to reapply for permission

I placed a series of caches in a park where others have been in the past but have had them declined as they need permission. Whilst I fully accept the permission need I can confirm that the previous owner who archived their caches a few months ago had obtained permission for them and sent it to the reviewer before they were published.

Herein lies the issue - they no longer have the email that they forwarded to the reviewer and they didn't share the permission with the GAGB.

When I obtained permission for a different area a few years ago I shared it with the GAGB so that others could benefit.

Now ... if permission letters are sent to reviewers perhaps they could forward them to the GAGB? This would improve the permission coverage and get round the issue where people are unaware of the national organisation and permissions database.

Thoughts ???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    GAGB Webmaster
    GAGB Chair 2021-2023
    GAGB Committee 2020-2024
    GAGB Member since 2013
    UK Mega Committee 2013

It has been confirmed by reviewers that only blanket agreements get carried forward to new caches so the above would only need to be applied where blanket agreements were received.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    GAGB Webmaster
    GAGB Chair 2021-2023
    GAGB Committee 2020-2024
    GAGB Member since 2013
    UK Mega Committee 2013

If Co's get permission from landowners we are very happy to add them to our GLAD list. It would really help other Co's in the future. If any GAGB members have Landowner permissions forward them to glad@gagb.org.uk and we will be able to confirm the permission and add them to GLAD.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

GAGB Chair
    2015-2020
    GAGB Committee member since March 2014
    UK Mega Event Vice Chairman 2013 (West Midlands)