Thanks Thanks:  11

Thread: GAGB Executive Committee (2017/2018) - Election Dates

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default GAGB Executive Committee (2017/2018) - Election Dates

2017/2018 GAGB Executive Committee Elections

All GAGB (forum) members prior to 1st October 2017 are eligible, and encouraged, to participate (stand, nominate or vote).

There shall be two elections, first for the position of Chairman and then for the eight Committee Member posts.

Nominations may be made in the relevant thread in this forum during the advertised nomination period. Each nomination must be seconded and accepted by the nominee within that same period in order to be valid. Nominee manifestos will then be posted in the GAGB forums and on the ballot so you may read about why each candidate is standing for election and the skills they would bring to the Committee if elected.

Cut off date for being a GAGB member and able to stand, nominate or vote: Saturday 1st October 2017 (Constitution - section E2)

Chairman Elections
    Nominations for Chairman open: Mon 23rd October 2017
    Close of nominations for Chairman: Thurs 26th October 2017 (4 days)
    Election for Chairman: Fri 3rd – Mon 6th November 2017 (4 days)

Committee Elections
    Nominations for Committee open: Thurs 9th November 2017
    Close of nominations for Committee: Mon 13th November 2017 (5 days)
    Election of Committee: Tues 21st – Sun 26th November 2017 (6 days)

Where nominations exceed vacancies, election shall be by ballot and will be run by Michael Malvick (Ladybug Kids), who is returning as our Independent Returning Officer for the 8th year.

Mike is a Volunteer Reviewer for Groundspeak, reviewing caches for Alaska and Hawaii as Greatland Reviewer and EarthCaches for Alaska, Hawaii and Territories of the United States, as well as Greece as GeoawareUSA4. He has also in the past reviewed EarthCaches in the UK.

SurveyMonkey.com will again generate the ballot. This streamlines ballot counting and adds a layer of confidentiality between the Returning Officer and those who vote. You will be sent an e-mail with a unique link to the ballot, so please make sure your e-mail address on the GAGB forum (UserCP) is current.

Ladybug Kids will make an announcement in this GAGB forum after the e-mails have gone out so you can check your spam filter, etc., in case you don't receive the link to the ballot.
    Last edited by Sharon - Sharant; 17th October 2017 at 08:53 PM.

GAGB Chair
    2015-2020
    GAGB Committee member since March 2014
    UK Mega Event Vice Chairman 2013 (West Midlands)

Hello GAGB Members:

I again accepted the role of Returning Officer for the GAGB annual elections when Sharon asked me to serve. I look forward to assisting with a smooth and fair nomination and ballot process.

Sharon provided the dates of the nominating and election periods in the post above mine. Note that unless two or more Members stand for Chair or nine or more Members stand for The Committee, SurveyMonkey ballots will not be sent for the respective election(s).

Please do not hesitate to contact me through my GAGB profile or via direct e-mail to ladybugs at geocachealaska.org if you have any questions or concerns.

Regards,

Michael Malvick/Ladybug Kids
    GAGB Returning Officer
    Last edited by LadybugKids; 23rd October 2017 at 10:37 PM. Reason: Corrected number of Committee Members
    In Alaska, the best athletes eat raw meat, sleep in the snow, and run naked.
    Ladybug Kids' gc.com profile
    Visit the GeocacheAlaska! website.

Thanks Michael - one point of clarification though - I believe an election happens when "more than 8 members" stand - the exec is 8 pus the Chair - not ten as you state above. Is that right?

THANKS again for running this as an independent 'friend' of GAGB
    ~~~
    Ant, of Sharant

Hello Antreid:

I did have a "mental math" slip, and corrected my original post.

Per Section G of the Constitution, "The Executive Committee shall consist of not more than 9 members, being the Chairman and not more than 8 members."

Therefore, nine or more GAGB members must stand for the Committee to require a ballot.
    In Alaska, the best athletes eat raw meat, sleep in the snow, and run naked.
    Ladybug Kids' gc.com profile
    Visit the GeocacheAlaska! website.