Thanks Thanks:  48

Thread: Question 1 - Roles within the Committee

Default Question 1 - Roles within the Committee

Question 1 - Roles within the committee

Do you have any skills and experiences that the GAGB could benefit from, and are there any specific committee roles you would be interested in?
    We featured all the GAGB roles in our last Seeker at https://www.gagb.org.uk/uploads/Seek...33.pdf#page=22

The main committee roles are:
    Treasurer
    Secretary
    GLAD Enquiries
    General Enquires
    Social Media
    Seeker Editor
    GLAD Database Manager
    Webmaster
    Shop Manager
    New Members Admin
    Sponsorship

GAGB Chair
    2015-2020
    GAGB Committee member since March 2014
    UK Mega Event Vice Chairman 2013 (West Midlands)

Ideally, if re-elected I would like to continue as webmaster. I would be happy to keep working with Graham as joint-webmaster if he’s re-elected as well. I have been planning to launch a new homepage, and I think it would make sense for me to continue as webmaster to see this project through.

I would also like to continue manging GAGB’s social media effort. However, I think we need at least two other dedicated committee members to help run the accounts, as it is very difficult for any one person to constantly keep them active. I would therefore be happy to lead (or simply work within) a social media team, or ‘sub-group’.

If the rest of the committee vote in favour of updating the constitution, I would love to help amend it alongside others.

Having been on the committee for two years, I have a good understanding of the GAGB’s work and what each role entails. I think I’m well placed to help other committee members out, if needed, and I would be more than willing to do so. If re-elected, I would continue to contribute ideas in meetings covering all of these areas.
    GAGB Chair
    Chair 2020-2021 & 2023-
    Vice Chair 2019-2020
    Committee Member since 2015
    Member since 2012

I think we need a strong Secretary, who can chase actions and encourage people to do stuff between meetings, and who can get simple things like meeting minutes typed up promptly. I stepped in to help make this happen in 2017, despite it not being my role, so I would be OK with doing that formally if everyone else in return agrees to be 'encouraged actively' by me to keep to any commitments they make! Also, I think the Secretary should take on the task of changing the constitution and seeking membership advice and approval for the changes. I am happy to lead that and drive it towards a firm proposal to put to a vote.

Also in 2017 our editor was not able to get Seeker published so I stepped in to help commission, write, and proof the magazine, I can clearly do the job if no-one else can, but I'd be very happy to simply help someone else to do it in 2018. There are a few folks standing who seem interested in handling Seeker, so I don't feel the need to stand in their way!

I'm happy to field new enquiries, but it'd be nice if we could share that role this year.

I don't think I'm well suited to being GLAD Manager. I'd GLADly give that role up to two people - one who is organised and trustworthy, and can keep the database in sync with the wiki and reviewer pages, and a second person who can seek new and handle updates to landowner agreements.

I'm also OK to be a "Mr Mop", in case others fall ill, as happened in 2017, and need me to step in to their role temporarily.
    ~~~
    Ant, of Sharant

I have experience of Forum Moderation coming from the OC UK team so being a moderator would fit into my skill set

I also have a great deal of cache placement experience as an OC UK reviewer, so I would look to helping update the GAGB caching guidelines and helping run the GLAD base but I agree with Ant Reid it should be shared amongst the committee so it could be more evenly balanced. Having spent quite a long time in the cache reviewers consultation group I feel I would be ideally placed to update and work within the guidelines and modify them accordingly.

I would also be interested in taking on the role of seeker editor as I have some previous journalism experience having been previously published as a journalist on 2 separate ocassions for an Autism newsletter and having a media studies GCSE which taught me the concepts of journalism and I currently have a lot of time to do this

My skills are business related - I studied HND Business Studies in my youth and then spent 26 years working in finance, followed by 14 years running my own business. I have served as Treasurer on a number of commitees over the years, including that of the West Midlands Mega 2013, and have been the Treasurer on the GAGB committee for the last 12 months.

If elected, I would be happy to continue in this role.

I have found managing the shop fits in well with my current lifestyle and would like to carry on if re-elected.

I would rather do one job to the best of my ability rather than spread myself too thinly and not do a good job.

If I am re-elected I would like to work on the numerous emails and messages we get.

I would also like to see GAGB become a community initiative company so we have a stronger base.

Continuing to work on Agm / events appeals to me as does the Landowner agreements

If I was elected I would fit best in the social media role, I’ve had 6 years of experience dealing with social media sites and how it works when promoting a person or organisation.

If re-elected I would like to continue as managing new users, and helping with webmaster. I would be happy to keep working with Arthur as joint-webmaster if he’s re-elected as well. We have worked well together over the last year implementing changes here and there, and I also feel it takes some time to pick up how the site is organised and the code is designed so I’m now in a better place to be able to make the updates and changes.

I would also like to continue on assisting with contributing to Seeker, with coin designs, sharing items on social media as a number of the Instagram images in the past year that have been shared are ones from myself, and hopefully work permitting been seen manning the stand a few more times in the next term.

Although I enjoyed the role of editor last year unfortunately ill health got in the way, thanks to Ant for stepping in. Editor was quite a challenging role as there is quite a bit of confusion between the magazine and CacheMag. If elected this time around I would prefer the role of answering general enquiries or perhaps new members admin.

I definitely think the constitution needs updating as there are a lot of grey areas within it as seen in recent discussions between committee members.