Thanks Thanks:  14

Thread: Question 6 GAGB Code of conduct

Default Question 6 GAGB Code of conduct

Are all candidates aware of the GAGB Geocacher code of conduct ? and sure that they are complying with the code to the letter but also in the spirit intended?
    Last edited by Mr S Vimes; 18th November 2017 at 11:03 AM.

Yes, I am aware of our Code of Conduct (CC). For anyone who is not, see this webpage: https://www.gagb.org.uk/code-conduct.php

I believe that I always comply with it, in the spirit intended.

All cachers should follow the CC, and I have made an effort to ensure that this is the case. I have been involved in organising two introduction to geocaching events. I’ve made the CC very clear. On the event I held for scouts (unlisted), we went caching together, and I pointed out several elements of the CC during the walk. I hope that they have continued to follow it.

If re-elected, I would continue to ensure that myself and others follow the CC. If involved with GAGB social media, I would start a mini campaign to raise awareness of the CC. It is important to remind people that the CC is on our website, and that it is essential for it to be followed. This could make a difference if an inexperienced cacher follows the link and reads it.
    GAGB Chair
    Chair 2020-2021 & 2023-
    Vice Chair 2019-2020
    Committee Member since 2015
    Member since 2012

Yes I am aware of the GAGB members code of conduct and have always complied to it as best as I can. If elected I will seek to make sure the code remains relevant to take into account recent changes to laws and legislation.
    I have always believed the spirit intended for the code is to aid geocachers in their quest to remain within the law not deter them. The same applies to land agreements.

Yes I’m aware and try to uphold and share the ethos at all times.

Yes I’m aware of the code of conduct, and always try to abide by it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What an interesting question. I wonder how many cachers follow these guidelines without even knowing about the code? Quite a lot, I guess.

Just recently at a mega event I was present when many cachers decided to take a short cut over a gate and across a farmer's field. Despite trying to convince them not to, off they went! Perhaps there are better ways we can convince people to be considerate, and keep to the spirit than just posting some words on a website. Maybe GAGB can do something more effective next year?

So interesting question...

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    ~~~
    Ant, of Sharant

I knew about them and I’m gonna remind people of them if I was elected and I hope people go by them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    From Harri Boorman (GCHarribo)

Yes, I have been aware of the code of conduct since I started geocaching over 8 years ago and have always done my best to adhere to them myself and encourage others to do the same.

I have been aware of the Code of Conduct for some time and is something I have naturally adhered to since I started caching.

It is a very interesting question and I am curious to hear others opinions on the subject for a number of reasons.