With the committee members being spread out wide across the UK, the committee meetings are held online (normally works out at about 8- 9 meetings per year) and allow the commitee to keep a written record (in previous years the minutes were created from the text based dialogue of the meeting - but I'm sure if the committee meetings held last year were written or voice).

However, there are limited things that can be discussed online in 1.5 to 2 hours and therefore the meetings should be used to make final decisions with the initial discussion happening in the committee forums or within sub-committees.

One of my personal frustrations when I was on the committee was that not all members were connecting between meetings. There was periods of weeks and sometime months between a committee member participating in the committe forums or even logging in! (From my observations over the past year, I believe this is still the case)

I know this is a voluntary job, but I don't see how the committee can do all the things they should be doing with only 2 hrs of discussion every 4-6wks. These days with most people having smart phones and access to the Internet, it isn't difficult to set up alerts for posts and interact and communicate with the rest of the team.

Naturally, there are some job roles that will require more time than others (or at specific times of the month/year) but the most important thing is that the committee works as a team to get things progressed.

Therefore, my question is:

How much time do you think you need to commit to the GAGB in a week?

How much time do you actually have to give?