Thanks Thanks:  22

Thread: 2017/18 Committee Election Ballots Sent

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default 2017/18 Committee Election Ballots Sent

The ballots for the 2017/18 Committee Election were sent via SurveyMonkey at 0007 this morning to all GAGB members of record as of 1st October 2017, except for those who explicitly requested to be removed from the distribution list.

Before you open your ballot, you may visit a special “GAGB Elections” board in the GAGB forums at https://www.gagb.org.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=53 (you may need to copy and paste the link into your browser depending on your e-mailapplication) to read the candidates' responses to questions posed to them.

Each ballot is tied to an e-mail address, so please do not forward the ballot e-mail to anyone else. Only one vote per ballot is allowed by SurveyMonkey.

The ballot "From" line reads: "ladybugs@geocachealaska.org via surveymonkey.com"

The ballot "Subject" line reads: "Please Vote: 2017/18 GAGBCommittee Ballot Notification"

The above two lines of information should be helpful in locating your ballot in spam folders should you not receive the ballot in your inbox.

The poll will be open until midnight, GMT, Sunday, 26 November, 2017.

Thank you for your participation!

At your service,

Michael Malvick/Ladybug Kids
    GAGB Returning Officer
    In Alaska, the best athletes eat raw meat, sleep in the snow, and run naked.
    Ladybug Kids' gc.com profile
    Visit the GeocacheAlaska! website.

Have not had the e-mail and yes, I did check my spam file.

Hello wheelybarrow:

I sent you another e-mail from my account to confirm your e-mail address of record.

If you did not receive that e-mail, it is likely your e-mail address of record is not correct.

If that is the case, please e-mail me at ladybugs at geocachealaska dot org, and I will send you a fresh ballot.

After about twenty-four hours after the ballots notifications were sent out, 151 members have voted, which is a little behind last year's pace when 169 members had voted by this time.

25 e-mails in the membership database bounced, so if you were a member as of 1 October 2017, and did not receive a ballot notification, please e-mail me at ladybugs at geocachealaska dot org with your GAGB Forums name and current e-mail address.

Members can vote their ballot through midnight Sunday, 26 November 2017.

Some GAGB Members "opted out" of receiving SurveyMonkey ballot notifications/surveys in the past. Members who have opted out will not receive SurveyMonkey e-mails.

If a member who has opted out wishes to opt in, the following steps can be taken:

1. Navigate to https://www.surveymonkey.com/user/email-opt-in/
    and enter your e-mail address.

2. SurveyMonkey will send you an e-mail to address you input. The e-mail will come from "SurveyMonkey <support@t.outbound.surveymonkey.com>"

3. Click the embedded "Confirm" link in the e-mail sent by SurveyMonkey to confirm your address.
    Last edited by LadybugKids; 23rd November 2017 at 02:10 AM.

One-hundred-seventy-one members have voted as of now, so we're just a little over half-way to the 334 ballots that were voted during 2015/16, the last time an election was held.

In 2014/15, 394 ballots were voted, in 2013/14, 382 ballots were voted, and in 2012/13, 441 ballots were voted.

Thanks for all your help in this Mike.

Thank you Mike for posting the results. Thank you for all your work posting the manifestos, setting the ballot, updating the forum and keeping on top of the email changes & requests etc, it's much appreciated.

GAGB Chair
    2015-2020
    GAGB Committee member since March 2014
    UK Mega Event Vice Chairman 2013 (West Midlands)