Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: SE Forestry Commission

TheWeston's Guest

I note the Forestry Commission approval was a trial for a year and should have expired. Has there been an outcome or are they just allowing the trial to roll on so that each cache is separately approved.

I ask as I intend to set up a cache (possibly a 2 part multi cache - 2 kids&#33 in Bedgebury Forest at some point after christmas. Have bought them ammo boxes, write in the wet pads and geocache stickers plus travel bugs for Christmas so will start the process with them then.

I note Bedgebury forest is in SFEC area where caches are allowed so will be filling in the form with the kids after Christmas.

Lactodorum Guest

Hi, sorry for the delay in replying but I'm not a regular reader of the GAGB forum, I tend to spend most of my time in the Geocaching.com UK forum which I moderate.

I was responsible for arranging the SEFC area agreement you mention and you are quite right that it was for an intial trial period of 1 year. I have heard nothing from them as regards ending the agreement however I have just written to them asking for a review of the past year or so. I don't expect to hear anything until after the Xmas holidays.

With regard to the "mechanics" of the agreement this remains unchanged and each cache is, and always has been, looked at separately by them before they are published. So if you are intending placing a cache I suggest you complete the usual form (available on http://www.geocache.co.uk) and send it to myself or Eckington. We will then contact the FC as normal.

TheWeston's Guest

OK thanks, will do that after Christmas once the kids have their cache kit and have decided on a suitable cache site.

I did try and post on the geocaching site but it wouldnt let me search the forums and I know there is a SEFC message in there somewhere........

The Weston's wrote:
    I did try and post on the geocaching site but it wouldnt let me search the forums and I know there is a SEFC message in there somewhere........
    The gc.com forums search facility has been temporarily disabled. Their forums have been getting very slow to access sometimes recently, and this is a temporary measure to try to speed things up a bit while they look for a permanent solution. Hopefully it'll be enabled again soon.

In the meantime you can search them using Google. Enter the following, with a space after it then your search terms:

site:forums.groundspeak.com

For example, enter:

site:forums.groundspeak.com forestry commission approval
    ​​Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light. (Dylan Thomas)​