Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: The New Adventure Lab (YOSM)

Default The New Adventure Lab (YOSM)

Hello - struggling to find any details regarding this.
    I've downloaded the Adventures app on my phone, but scanning the QR code takes me back to the Geocaching notification.
    Also tried the links through GAGB website, which also takes me back to the notification!
    Can anyone help?
    Thanks

That’s odd - sorry to hear that you’ve been struggling to access it.

Have you tried searching for the Adventure Lab within the app? They’re sorted by distance from your current location. The official ‘starting point’ is in Warwickshire, so if you live far away you might have to scroll down for quite a while. Once you tap on it, you should be able to see the details and YOSM locations. You can start anywhere, and visit the locations in any order. Good luck!
    GAGB Chair
    Chair 2020-2021 & 2023-
    Vice Chair 2019-2020
    Committee Member since 2015
    Member since 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Griff Grof View Post
    That’s odd - sorry to hear that you’ve been struggling to access it.

Have you tried searching for the Adventure Lab within the app? They’re sorted by distance from your current location. The official ‘starting point’ is in Warwickshire, so if you live far away you might have to scroll down for quite a while. Once you tap on it, you should be able to see the details and YOSM locations. You can start anywhere, and visit the locations in any order. Good luck!
    Thanks - Might have been me being impatient 🙄
    When you actually visit each site, how does the app know you’ve been there? Does it work in same as a Wherigo?
    Thanks

You've got to have the Adventure open on the app, and then press 'Start'. That should show you a map, and each orange dot is a YOSM site. Tap on the one you want to visit, and at the bottom of the screen there should be an option to 'View Details'. Once on that screen, you'll see a 'Get Closer' option on the right of the photo. Once you are within a certain distance of the trig point, you can tap this to reveal the question . Type in the answer and the Lab cache will be logged as found.
    GAGB Chair
    Chair 2020-2021 & 2023-
    Vice Chair 2019-2020
    Committee Member since 2015
    Member since 2012