Thanks Thanks:  24

Thread: 2019/2020 GAGB Executive Committee Elections

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default 2019/2020 GAGB Executive Committee Elections

Timetable of 2019/2020 GAGB Executive Elections

All GAGB members are eligible, and encouraged, to participate (stand, nominate or vote). As long as you are an ‘active’ member (interacted with us at some point in the last three years) you will receive a ballot to your registered email. Inactive members can request one even after that. More details & rules are on the forum and the GAGB website.
    This year there is only one election for the eight Committee Member posts. Each candidate needs to receive two nominations from active members and in the proper GAGB forum to be valid, and the nominee must ‘accept’ the nomination by the due date.
    The Chair post is now for two years so there is no Chair election this year.
    Our returning officer will be Michael Malvick (Ladybug Kids).
    All meetings are held online usually one per month.

Committee Elections (8 vacancies, 1-year term )
    Nominations open: start of day Friday November 1st 2019
    Nominations close: end of day Friday November 8th 2019 (eight days)
    Acceptance & Manifesto in forum and emailed to Michael Malvick (Ladybug Kids) by end of day Saturday November 9th 2019
    Q&A runs all day November 10th-15th (six days)
    Voting starts: start of day Saturday November 16th 2019,
    Voting ends: end of day Sunday November 24th 2019 (nine days)

The new committee will start on Sunday 1st December for a 1 year term.

GAGB Chair
    2015-2020
    GAGB Committee member since March 2014
    UK Mega Event Vice Chairman 2013 (West Midlands)

Hello GAGB Members:

I again accepted the role of Returning Officer for the GAGB annual elections after Sharon asked me to serve for a ninth consecutive election. I look forward to assisting with a smooth and fair nomination and ballot process.

Sharon provided the dates of the nominating and election periods in the post above mine. Note that unless nine or more Members stand for The Committee, SurveyMonkey ballots will not be sent for the respective election(s).

Please do not hesitate to contact me through my GAGB profile or via direct e-mail to ladybugs at geocachealaska.org if you have any questions or concerns.

Regards,

Michael Malvick/Ladybug Kids
    GAGB Returning Officer
    In Alaska, the best athletes eat raw meat, sleep in the snow, and run naked.
    Ladybug Kids' gc.com profile
    Visit the GeocacheAlaska! website.

The 2019-2020 GAGB Committee Election ballot is loaded into Surveymonkey and set to be e-mailed out at midnight, GMT, tonight.

If you do not receive an e-mail with a link to the ballot, please contact me either via personal message (PM) from these forums or via e-mail at ladybugs@geocachealaska.org.

Before contacting me, please check your spam folder if you do not see the ballot in your Inbox. The ballot came from "ladybugs@geocachealaska.org via SurveyMonkey <member@surveymonkeyuser.com>" with the subject line "Ballot for GAGB 2019-2020 Committee Election."
    Last edited by LadybugKids; 16th November 2019 at 07:26 PM.

As of 1600 GMT today, 109 ballots have been cast. The record number of ballots cast was 399, established during the 2014-2015 election. Let's try to beat that total!

Nine ballots "bounced" due to an incorrect e-mail on record. If you believe you should have received a ballot, but did not, please contact me at ladybugs@geocachealaska.org and include your geocaching name in your note.

As of 0800 GMT, Monday, 137 members have voted, which represents less than 10% of the membership.

Please encourage your fellow members to vote if they have have not, already. Voting ends at midnight, Sunday next.

As of 0430 Wednesday morning, 156 votes have been cast.

There is still plenty of time to vote, with the ballots remaining live until midnight, Sunday night.

Quote Originally Posted by LadybugKids View Post
    With six hours left to vote, 253 votes have been cast by GAGB members. The race for the final slots is still pretty tight.

As stated yesterday, posting the final results may be delayed to no later than 0300 GMT, Monday morning, due to an outside commitment.
    Thanks Mike.

Good Luck to all the candidates

GAGB Chair
    2015-2020
    GAGB Committee member since March 2014
    UK Mega Event Vice Chairman 2013 (West Midlands)