Thanks Thanks:  2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Question 3: GLAD Manager/s

Default Question 3: GLAD Manager/s

I agree with a lot of the sentiment above but would like to stress that if work is currently being done, rather than awaiting news to publish we should keep people updated. This (a) keeps people aware of ongoing work and (b) hopefully minimises any independent approach by others.

Rather than being in a thread there should be links for each county or even a clickable map to get a county status.

Further, rather than just committee and friends publishing permissions we ought to aim to get to the point where cachers request more open permission with the aim of automatically publishing details to us.

I did exactly this years ago - took ages to get permission then shared the letter once received. I was not on the committee then as I am not now ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think GLAD is a very important part of what GAGB is about, permission etc and Richard has done a fantastic job this year answering many queries as to why there are caches on a persons land and no permission had been asked. Each one has been dealt with in a professional manner and within a reasonable time frame to everyone's appreciation and satisfaction, engaging with the landowner, CO's who have placed caches as well as reviewer's when needed.
    I would hope the good work continues and could lead to many more land agreements being negotiated and placed on the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Saza36 View Post
    I agree with a lot of the sentiment above but would like to stress that if work is currently being done, rather than awaiting news to publish we should keep people updated. This (a) keeps people aware of ongoing work and (b) hopefully minimises any independent approach by others.

Rather than being in a thread there should be links for each county or even a clickable map to get a county status.

Further, rather than just committee and friends publishing permissions we ought to aim to get to the point where cachers request more open permission with the aim of automatically publishing details to us.

I did exactly this years ago - took ages to get permission then shared the letter once received. I was not on the committee then as I am not now ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I totally agree with the sentiment here. At recent events I have been to, I have been pushing this agenda. Locally, I've seen that if you approach land owners, they are often only too keen to allow permission for geocaches to be placed. I've done it with DWT and a nearby cacher ErewashPaddler was able to do the same with Erewash Council. Those details are now on GLAD.

Any cacher who gets permission for a geocache should forward the details to us so, at the very minimum, we know who to contact in the landowner organisation.