Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Shropshire Wildlife Trust

As some of you may of noticed the permission on the shropshire wildlife trust agreement has run out.

We are continuing negotiations at the moment and shall update as soon as we have a full resolution of the ongoing issues.

They are primarily concerned with making the reserves work for the wildlife and thus reducing human impact on these sites.
    "If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning."

First to reply to my own thread thats bad
    OK they are concerned about collateral damage to plants and wildlife within thier reserves arround cache sites.
    They are aware of the unofficial caches on thier sites but have taken no action yet.
    My thoughts at present are to tell them that good co ordinates and descriptions and clues will prevent this pluss having them placed in the prescence of the warden.
    Any other thoughts ?
    "If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning."

Yes, telling them about good co-ordinates, descriptions and clues should be helpful. You might also want to say that most cachers are frequent and experienced countryside users, and so are perhaps more aware of environmental issues than many of the general public. You could also point out that they themselves can access the cache pages and read current logs on them, so getting realtime feedback from visitors to their sites.

I'll add a piece to the agreement page saying that permission has run out but negotiations are continuing. Do you want me to say anything specific there?
    ​​Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light. (Dylan Thomas)​

nobbynobbs Guest

other than cito can't think of much else.

they might like to have people observing the site for them to spot any problems ie us. act as volunteer wardens for them.

i'd suggest you offer to become one anyway, helps make them see you as friend not outsider.

Why not ask if they've got any areas in need of some volunteer work, scrub clearance to incurage wildlife or similar. Offer to organise a CITO event. Everyone who attended the CITO volunteer day at Talacre Dunes said that they'd really enjoyed themselves. Kim the Land manager and Mike the Flintshire CC Ranger were amazed at the amount cleared!

Dave
    My post is my personal opinion and as such you do not have my permission to quote me outside of these forums!

Dave
    Brenin Tegeingl
    Formerly known as Mancunian Pyrocacher on GC