Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: New Member

Merridog Guest

I have recently purchased a Garmin GPSmap 76Cx unit specifically for Auto and Marine use. However, finding geocache on the main menu intrigue me.
    I live in West Sussex and would like to explore the mysterious world of "cachers"

Where a good starting point?

The main cache listing site is Geocaching.com. You'll find over 9,000 caches in the UK listed there. In order to see the full details you'll need to register, which you can do free on this page.

Then go to the "Hide and Seek a Cache" page, where you can enter your home co-ordinates or your postcode to find caches near you.

Caches are rated for difficulty and terrain - you might want to try a few with low difficulty ratings first. Look for Traditional caches - a traditional is a single hidden container. And look for regular size ones as opposed to micros, which are very small containers, often 35mm film canisters, which can be much more difficult to find than a "regular" tupperware box or ammo can.

Happy caching!
    ​​Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light. (Dylan Thomas)​

nobbynobbs Guest

then prepare to forget you had a life away from caching and pray the wife/girlfriend finds it as interesting or is glad of the time alone as you'll be hooked.....

enjoy