Thanks Thanks:  10

Thread: 2021/2022 GAGB Chair & Executive Committee Elections

Default 2021/2022 GAGB Chair & Executive Committee Elections

Timetable of 2021/2022 GAGB Executive Elections

Below is the timetable for this year’s GAGB Executive Committee elections.

All GAGB members are eligible, and encouraged, to participate (stand, nominate, vote). As long as you are an ‘active’ member (defined as having interacted with us at some point in the last three years), you will receive a ballot to your registered email. Inactive members are able to request one after that.

This year there will be two elections: one for GAGB Chair and one for the eight Committee Member posts. Each candidate needs to receive two nominations from active members and in the proper GAGB forum to be valid, and the nominee must ‘accept’ the nomination by the due date.

Feel free to send me a PM if you have any questions.

CHAIR ELECTION (2-year term)

Nominations open: 00:00 Monday 1 November
    Nominations close: 23:59 Friday 5 November (5 full days)
    Deadline to accept nomination and submit manifesto: 23:59 Saturday 6 November
    Q&A opens: 00:00 Sunday 7 November
    Q&A closes: 23:59 Wednesday 10 November (4 full days)
    Vote: 00:00 Thursday 11 November - 23:59 Sunday 14 November (4 full days)
    Result announced: morning of Monday 15 November

EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE ELECTION (8 vacancies, 1-year term)

Nominations open: 00:00 Monday 15 November
    Nominations close: 23:59 Friday 19 November (5 full days)
    Deadline to accept nomination and submit manifesto to IRO: 23:59 Saturday 20 November
    Q&A opens: 00:00 Sunday 21 November
    Q&A closes: 23:59 Wednesday 24 November (four full days)
    Vote: 00:00 Thursday 25 November - 23:59 Sunday 28 November (four full days)
    Result announced: morning of Monday 29 November

The newly elected Chair and Executive Committee Members will take office on 1 December 2021.
    GAGB Chair
    Chair 2020-2021 & 2023-
    Vice Chair 2019-2020
    Committee Member since 2015
    Member since 2012

Hello GAGB Members:

I accepted the role of Returning Officer for the GAGB annual elections after Arthur asked me to serve for an eleventh consecutive election. I look forward to assisting with a smooth and fair nomination and ballot process.

Arthur provided the dates of the nominating and election periods in the post above mine. Note that unless two or more Members stand for Chair Elections OR nine or more Members stand for The Committee Elections, SurveyMonkey ballots will not be sent for the respective election(s).

Please do not hesitate to contact me through my GAGB profile, via direct e-mail to ladybugs at geocachealaska.org, or by posting in this thread if you have any questions or concerns.

Regards,

Michael Malvick/Ladybug Kids
    GAGB Returning Officer
    In Alaska, the best athletes eat raw meat, sleep in the snow, and run naked.
    Ladybug Kids' gc.com profile
    Visit the GeocacheAlaska! website.