Thanks Thanks:  10

Thread: 2022/2023 GAGB Executive Committee Election

Default 2022/2023 GAGB Executive Committee Election

Timetable of 2022 GAGB Executive Elections

Below is the timetable for the election of the eight GAGB Executive Committee Member posts. There is no election for the position of Chair this year.

All GAGB members are eligible, and encouraged, to participate (stand, nominate, vote). As long as you are an ‘active’ member (defined as having interacted with us at some point in the last three years), you will receive a ballot to your registered email. Inactive members are able to request one after that.

Each candidate needs to receive two nominations from active members and in the proper GAGB forum to be valid, and the nominee must ‘accept’ the nomination by the due date.

EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE ELECTION (8 vacancies, 1-year term)

• Nominations open: 00:00 Monday 7 November
    • Nominations close: 23:59 Friday 11 November (5 full days)
    • Deadline to accept nomination and submit manifesto: 23:59 Saturday 12 November
    • Q&A opens: 00:00 Sunday 13 November
    • Q&A closes: 23:59 Wednesday 16 November (4 full days)
    • Vote: 00:00 Thursday 17 November - 23:59 Sunday 20 November (4 full days)
    • Result announced: morning of Monday 21 November

The newly elected Executive Committee Members will take office on 1 December 2022.

Hello GAGB Members:

I have excepted the role of Independent Returning Officer for annual elections after Arthur asked me to serve the election. I look forward to assisting with a smooth and fair nomination and ballot process.

Arthur provided the dates of the nominating and election periods in the post above mine. Note that unless nine or more Members stand for The Committee Elections, SurveyHero ballots will not be sent for the respective election(s).

Please do not hesitate to contact me through my GAGB profile, via direct e-mail to Mspatt at gmail.com, or by posting in this thread if you have any questions or concerns.

Regards,

Patricia Elkins / MsPatt
    GAGB Returning Officer