Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Cache Approval from County Councils - any advice?

I'm planning to approach Suffolk Council about placing caches on land that they manage... before I do though, I wanted to check if any other cachers in the area had aleady done so and what sort of response they had had?

Also any cachers who have experience of contacting local councils - do you know who is likely to be the best person to contact? This will be a first for me so any advice will be most welcome!

Cheers
    Mouse

Suffolk County Councils Countryside Service would be the best place to start. their contact details are:

Suffolk County Council Headquarters
    Endeavour House
    8 Russell Road
    Ipswich
    Suffolk
    IP1 2BX
    Switchboard: 01473 583000

If their not aware of geocaching a useful document explaining geocaching can be found

Here. you might get passed from one person to another at first, but hang in there and you'll reach the right person in the end.

Dave
    My post is my personal opinion and as such you do not have my permission to quote me outside of these forums!

Dave
    Brenin Tegeingl
    Formerly known as Mancunian Pyrocacher on GC

I've done several of these and the trick is to target an individual, preferably fairly senior. I usually start with the head of the countryside dept who often delegates it to a senior Ranger - that works well.

Good luck.

Caching since 2001
    Founder member of GAGB (2003)
    Committee (2003-2013)
    Chair of GAGB (2010-2012)
    Negotiator of 18 Landowner Agreements
    GAGB Friend

Thanks for the advice, I'll get in touch with them next week and hopefully it'll all go ok!