Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Tender of Resignation from the G A G B

moote01 Guest

After 24 hours of thought, I am resigning from the GAGB committee, this was not a decision of the committee nor of the Chairperson, this is wholly my position.

This in no way will stop me voicing my strong opinions on matters which affect, safety, conservation and protection of the natural world.

If this means I clash with people about issues then so be it. The World is bigger than caching and needs to stay that way.

Milton

This in no way will stop me voicing my strong opinions on matters which affect, safety, conservation and protection of the natural world.

If this means I clash with people about issues then so be it. The World is bigger than caching and needs to stay that way.

Milton
    We support those seniments .
    It takes guts to speak out when it's sometimes against mass opinion.
    We like Greens

Moote, please continue to raise issues. As I have said to you it's not what you are saying that is the problem. It is the way that its done.

There are always vehicles for change.

Cheers and good luck

Tony

civilised Guest

moote has shown more honour than John Prescott.

Well done.

civilised

moote01 Guest

Originally posted by civilised@May 14 2006, 09:31 PM
    moote has shown more honour than John Prescott.

Well done.

civilised
    It never involve a woman! h34r:

But on a serious note; I will carry on attempting to educate people of dangers, and also on matters of conservation. I know that I am being watched by the chaps at the top at GC.com, so it will be a little time before I get back in the forums and post discussions on matters affecting Geocaching.

Moote

Kitty Hawk Guest

Originally posted by moote01@May 15 2006, 11:37 AM

But on a serious note; I will carry on attempting to educate people of dangers, and also on matters of conservation. I know that I am being watched by the chaps at the top at GC.com, so it will be a little time before I get back in the forums and post discussions on matters affecting Geocaching.

My my, you are important and so much cleverer than the rest of us. What would we do without you. Thank you Moote, I can't wait to be educated.

Originally posted by moote01@May 15 2006, 11:37 AM
    so it will be a little time before I get back in the forums and post discussions on matters affecting Geocaching.

Moote
    ....................another little inaccuracy

moote01 Guest

Originally posted by dodgydaved+May 26 2006, 07:23 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (dodgydaved @ May 26 2006, 07:23 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-moote01@May 15 2006, 11:37 AM
    so it will be a little time before I get back in the forums and post discussions on matters affecting Geocaching.

Moote
    ....................another little inaccuracy [/b][/quote]
    lit·tle
    adj. lit·tler, or less (ls) also less·er (lsr) lit·tlest or least (lst)
    Small in size: a little dining room. See Synonyms at small.
    Short in extent or duration; brief: There is little time left.
    Small in quantity or degree: little money.
    Unimportant; trivial: a little matter.
    Narrow; petty: mean little comments; a little mind consumed with trivia.
    Without much power or influence; of minor status.

Being at an early stage of growth; young: a little child.
    Younger or youngest. Used especially of a sibling: My little brother is leaving for college next week.

adv. less, or lesser least
    Not much; scarcely: works long hours, sleeping little.
    Not in the least; not at all: They little expected such a generous gift.

n.
    A small quantity or amount: Give me a little.
    Something much less than all: I know little of their history.
    A short distance or time: a little down the road; waited a little.

Idioms:
    a little
    Somewhat; a bit: felt a little better.
    little by little
    By small degrees or increments; gradually.

moote01 Guest

Originally posted by Kitty Hawk+May 26 2006, 07:10 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Kitty Hawk @ May 26 2006, 07:10 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-moote01@May 15 2006, 11:37 AM

My my, you are important and so much cleverer than the rest of us. What would we do without you. Thank you Moote, I can&#39;t wait to be educated. [/b][/quote]
    Maybe that education could include politeness, as I have never placed anything personal about you.

Kitty Hawk Guest

EDITTED - Decided better of it - Moote, you bring out the worst in me

moote01 Guest

Right you all played children and rang and Emailed the Chairperson like junior infant kids, So I did the honourable thing, which was to resign. You got that, if you now want to GAG me then come and try it. I will voice my opinions and if you are so afraid that I rock the boat, that is due to you infertile underdeveloped school child attitudes.

Paul G0TLG Guest

Gag you? No-one has made any attempt to do that. If anyone was going to gag you I&#39;m sure your rude and offensive posts would have been deleted and your posting privileges blocked ages ago. Don&#39;t accuse people of what blatantly isn&#39;t true.

Kitty Hawk Guest

Sorry, did you mean &#39;infantile&#39; where you said &#39;infertile&#39;?

It&#39;s just that it&#39;s important to be accurate when you are insulting people, there&#39;s a pleasing kind of rhythm or beat to it when it&#39;s done properly. Like poetry.

GAGB doesn&#39;t believe in heavy moderation, as I&#39;ve said in another thread this morning. However, this particular thread is now being used as a vehicle for personal attacks, and that isn&#39;t acceptable.

If you wish to post in this thread, please refrain from inflammatory remarks and personal attacks. Thank you.

---
    Bill
    Chairman, GAGB
    ​​Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light. (Dylan Thomas)​

To us some of these posts read like a mobbing attack on one person .
    We like Greens

wizard1974uk Guest

C&#39;mon folks leave Moote alone, there just seems to be one excuse or another to attack him, I think enough is enough, I&#39;m no moderator here, but I feel I have to speak out as this has been going on long enough. Let him have his opinion and leave it at that. :angry:

paul.blitz Guest

Originally posted by moote01@May 11 2006, 08:59 PM
    After 24 hours of thought, I am resigning from the GAGB
    Moote:

Can I clarify a point: have you resigned from the "GAGB Committee", or from the "GAGB" (ie the whole organisation)?

Paul

moote01 Guest

Originally posted by paul.blitz+Jun 11 2006, 07:09 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (paul.blitz @ Jun 11 2006, 07:09 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-moote01@May 11 2006, 08:59 PM
    After 24 hours of thought, I am resigning from the GAGB
    Moote:

Can I clarify a point: have you resigned from the "GAGB Committee", or from the "GAGB" (ie the whole organisation)?

Paul [/b][/quote]
    Original post corrected, it was the Committee.

I do not read the GAGB forums too often, so was somewhat amazed to read this topic after previously only following it as far as mongoose39uk&#39;s contribution.
    I have personal reason to be very grateful to Moote/Milton but am staggered by some of his postings. As Tony said in the posting referred to above "As I have said to you it&#39;s not what you are saying that is the problem. It is the way that its done.", and I have to agree. For heaven&#39;s sake let us stop slanging matches before they begin. Disagreement is a privilege to be respected, stating opinions as if they were rigid rules is counter productive.
    Enjoy your caching!