Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Please help...

zelotes Guest

Hi there.
    I bought a GPS a while ago for mountain biking, and while out on a ride heard a rider mentioning that he does Geocaching. Also I saw on I think Country File about Geocaching & thus became interested.
    I have done somewhat a bit of research on it all, & signed up to two websites but a little confused as to how one gets a hold of a gid refference or location for their first search & find.
    I live in the city of Bristol, UK.

nobbynobbs Guest

search on bs1 1ab

go to this site:
    www.geocaching.com

or

www.geocacheuk.com

register and both have a search facility pop in your post code and there you go. both have forums as well so if no local cachers volunteer on this one you may be a little luckier there. sorry i'm down in the new forest so a little far to drive!!

happy hunting

The Hokesters Guest

Hi Zelotes,

Further to what Nobby has suggested you might like to find a caching mentor at GC.com Forum - Adopt-a-Newbie.

Hope that helps.

Hi,

I too live in Bristol, I would be quite happy to show you the ropes. :P

There are a number of cache listing sites, the biggest being geocaching.com, which others have already mentioned. If you haven't signed up with them already, you'll need to do so in order to see the co-ordinates on cache pages there. Registration is free.
    ​​Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light. (Dylan Thomas)​

nobbynobbs Guest

well the bad news is they registered on gc.com in november and last visited in march with no finds... shame.