Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Resistance is useless!

Paul G0TLG Guest

Like many others, I've often regarded a new unfound close to home as a challenge to my caching ability - it just has to be picked up as soon as possible. That's fine while it lasts, but then one day you find yourself with only a couple of hours to spare for going caching, and nothing close enough to home that you haven't already found.

I AM trying hard to go further afield when I've got time, leaving the close-to-home ones for when I'm short of time, but it isn't easy Anyone got any tips on resisting the allure of nearby unfounds?

(Note: Breaking my own legs or slashing my own car tyres would do the job, but might make further-afield caching a bit difficult as well :lol: )

Kitty Hawk Guest

I'm usually in the same boat as you, but I bought a shiney new mountain bike and this has become my new addiction.

So - the cure - find an exciting new hobby and try running two hobbies. One goes.

I do have thoughts though about setting a string of caches along one of the routes I do, I imagine myself cycling and slinging caches out like an american paperboy.

Good luck, I think you are stuck with the problem.

nobbynobbs Guest

heck i try my best to place as many new ones as possible for you both! what more do you want? how about someone placing some new ones for me to find!!!

Originally posted by Paul G0TLG@Jun 12 2006, 02:42 PM

Anyone got any tips on resisting the allure of nearby unfounds?
    Yep, get some small children with little opportunity to race out of the house without notice.

However, if you're always out finding all these unfound caches then you won't have the chance of getting the small children .......... :lol:

Caching since 2001
    Founder member of GAGB (2003)
    Committee (2003-2013)
    Chair of GAGB (2010-2012)
    Negotiator of 18 Landowner Agreements
    GAGB Friend

Chris n Maria Guest

Decide you don't like micros...works for me!

Usually, I place a cache.

Then I stand back and count to ten.

Then there is a dull whooshing sound (or a sonic bang).

Hey Presto!

It's Kitty Hawk turning up for another FTF!

I have this mental picture of him sitting in his car on the driveway with the engine running. A head pops out of his front door and a voice shouts Go Go Go !
    It always reminds me of the grid at the start of an F1 race. :lol:
    Try not to let your mind wander...........
    It's too small and fragile to be out by itself

I usually wait until I get the cache notification list from GC.com.. By the time I have checked that out there usually no first to finds because they already have.. been found that is.
    Plus I aint as fast as I used to be.. :lol: :lol:
    Moss The Boss... Sorta

Kitty Hawk Guest

Originally posted by thekennelat79+Jun 12 2006, 09:14 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (thekennelat79 &#064; Jun 12 2006, 09:14 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Paul G0TLG@Jun 12 2006, 02:42 PM

Usually, I place a cache.

Then I stand back and count to ten.

Then there is a dull whooshing sound (or a sonic bang).

Hey Presto&#33;

It&#39;s Kitty Hawk turning up for another FTF&#33;

I have this mental picture of him sitting in his car on the driveway with the engine running. A head pops out of his front door and a voice shouts Go Go Go &#33;
    It always reminds me of the grid at the start of an F1 race. :lol: [/b][/quote]
    heh, that really happened when Brodie Clan released a new cache with a White jeep - I could work out the woods it was in from the jeep icon google earth. I then got Beth on the phone to read the coordinates at the time he said they&#39;d be released.

By contrast, I bagged 3 FTF in New Zealand in April, 2 set over a year previously&#33;

dysdera Guest

Dont talk about that bloody jeep&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Kitty Hawk Guest

Tee hee, I&#39;d forgotten how hyped up we were about jeeps

ROFLMHO Guest

Originally posted by Kitty Hawk@Jun 19 2006, 09:38 PM
    I have had several white jeeps through my caches, but they have always been grabbed before i could get there&#33; so whats you secret Kitty Hawk..or do you fly in by RC plane attached to a GPS tuned for FTF&#39;s?

Originally posted by ROFLMHO+Jun 19 2006, 09:42 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ROFLMHO @ Jun 19 2006, 09:42 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Kitty Hawk@Jun 19 2006, 09:38 PM
    I have had several white jeeps through my caches, but they have always been grabbed before i could get there&#33; so whats you secret Kitty Hawk..or do you fly in by RC plane attached to a GPS tuned for FTF&#39;s? [/b][/quote]

See my explanation regarding new caches.(above).

I&#39;m sure that he uses the same method :lol:
    Try not to let your mind wander...........
    It's too small and fragile to be out by itself

nobbynobbs Guest

and now there are going to be green jeeps....

i long for the release of the land rover equivilents&#33;

The answer is ".... drink more beer...."

Errr.... sorry... what was the question again?
    John
    Age and treachery will always triumph over youth and ability.

Motley Crew Guest

Originally posted by Pharisee@Jul 14 2006, 09:55 AM
    The answer is ".... drink more beer...."

Errr.... sorry... what was the question again?
    I can&#39;t recall the question but I think the answer is 7.678 recurring.

Rebble Guest

Well you could always do what I do caching is secondary to my main interests so I tend to throw in a cache whilst travelling elsewhere and as my main recreation is very weather related so if the weater&#39;s poor I&#39;ll do a cache instead.

Suppose it doesn&#39;t matter if you do the ones close to home as you&#39;ll eventually be forced to look further afield anyhow.

silverado Guest

is everyone ready for the new green jeeps???

nobbynobbs Guest

petrol tank full, maps on standby....... :lol:

ROFLMHO Guest

have been after white jeeps, I even had a yellow one, but as for green&#33; I mean whats is a jeep really all about, and as for a Mahindra?? Next you will be telling me some idiot has released and indian made vehicle in Britain&#33;

We should be aiming to keep Britain British&#33;

Patriotic hands salute&#33;

silverado Guest

the race is on.

Rebble Guest

Cool where can I get one of those? B)

Rebble Guest

Originally posted by ROFLMHO@Aug 9 2006, 05:36 AM
    have been after white jeeps, I even had a yellow one, but as for green&#33; I mean whats is a jeep really all about, and as for a Mahindra?? Next you will be telling me some idiot has released and indian made vehicle in Britain&#33;

We should be aiming to keep Britain British&#33;

Patriotic hands salute&#33;
    Why you racist b****r&#33;

C&#39;mon admin we don&#39;t want this kind of rot on the forum.

Whats British? English Welsh Irish Scottish Jewish Sikh Hindu Muslim Jamaican Polish French German Italian Spanish Dutch all settled here in the last 2000 years so come join our merry Mongrel Mob&#33;

Rebble wrote:
    Why you racist b****r&#33;

C&#39;mon admin we don&#39;t want this kind of rot on the forum.
    I think ROFLMHO&#39;s post may have been somewhat tongue in cheek. Even so, I don&#39;t think this is a road we want to go down. Let&#39;s stick to the topic, whatever that is... :P
    ​​Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light. (Dylan Thomas)​

nobbynobbs Guest

i think the intention was to indicate stuff made in this country by whatever ethnic person who happens to work on that production line as opposed to something imported.

ie we should be clamouring for a range rover bug or a mini bug

not that it&#39;ll stop me trying to get a green jeep when one apears near by. that will have to do until someone manages to get a british version off the ground.

silverado Guest

the Green Jeeps are made in China.

ROFLMHO Guest

Apart from the cost, Why can&#39;t Land Rover release travel bugs???

Land Rovers seem to be far superior than other 4x4 vehicles. How many jeeps which are 60 years old do you see on the road compared with BRITISH Land Rovers&#33;

Still patriotic hand salutes&#33; :P

silverado Guest

no one here seems to know the concept of the jeep travel bugs, they are part of a competition from Jeep, look at this link http://jeep.geocaching.com/

and for those that are not familiar with Jeep and think it something from ww2 have a look at this link http://www.jeep.com/

no one here seems to know the concept of the jeep travel bugs, they are part of a competition from Jeep, look at this link http://jeep.geocaching.com/
    Erm you&#39;ll find that they are aware of the competition. Including the Yellow and White Jeep predecessors. You might just find that they don&#39;t agree with only geocachers who are residents of the contiguous US being allowed to enter. When geocaching is a world wide hobby.

and for those that are not familiar with Jeep and think it something from ww2 have a look at this link http://www.jeep.com/
    Again you&#39;ll find that Jeeps are sold in the UK in right hookers (remember that we drive on the opposite side of the rd to the US), but for many the preference is for a Land Rover or Range Rover. Jeeps are a minority sales vehicle here in the UK, just like Land Rovers/Range Rovers are a minority sales vehicle in the US.
    My post is my personal opinion and as such you do not have my permission to quote me outside of these forums!

Dave
    Brenin Tegeingl
    Formerly known as Mancunian Pyrocacher on GC

nobbynobbs Guest

no we&#39;re just a bunch of back ward hicks who can&#39;t read that&#39;s why we know nothing about green jeeps or the real thing&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

do you really think we haven&#39;t seen a jeep since WWII? :lol:

we just wish we hadn&#39;t&#33;

so if only we had someone who had contacts with range rovers who could try to organise some travel bugs. there wouldn&#39;t even need to be a prize. h34r:

silverado Guest

no we&#39;re just a bunch of back ward hicks who can&#39;t read
    so if only we had someone who had contacts with range rovers who could try to organise some travel bugs.
    then get your head out the sand and try to do something about it.
    here&#39;s the infomation http://www.landrover.com/gb/en/Company/Ove...w/contactus.htm

If you do nothing then nothing will happen.

nobbynobbs Guest

thankee kindly young sir, i&#39;m much obliged that you&#39;ve tried to help me. i&#39;m far to incompetant to be able to use those new fangled computery thingies.....

now where do i stick the stamp on this here message...... : :

ROFLMHO Guest

I personally think you should try to contact Land Rover at their head office in Solihull, Birmingham. Local stores don&#39;t take kindly to drop in callers.

If in the US, their is an address for Land Rover in Droitwich I beleive&#33;
    Try contatcting this lady&#33;
    Slovick, Lynne (L.M.) [lslovick@landrover.com]

nobbynobbs Guest

lead on mcduff. i couldn&#39;t posssibly write to a lady without a letter of introduction what would they think of me? :lol:

ROFLMHO Guest

Oh&#33; so there is a Mc Duff here too??? New member?

I had a test drive thingy through the post 2 days ago for a Toyota. I am truely tempted to go and have a laugh&#33; :lol:

nobbynobbs Guest

blasphema. stone the blasphema&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

so you&#39;d risk a quick worship at a different alter would you. beware the dark side of the force......... :lol:

nobbynobbs Guest

oh i think i&#39;ve scared them all of&#33;&#33;&#33;

now where&#39;s that green jeep....

silverado Guest

Ha Ha HA&#33; mines bigger than yours. :P

nobbynobbs Guest

now try to find a cache big enough to leave that in :lol:

that or you just have abnormally small hands :lol: