Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: How to get back into it !

thecookiecrew Guest

All having been a fairly active geocacher a couple of years back, We have really struggled to get back into the swing of it in the last 18 months. There always seems to be something else to do....

Has anyone any suitable suggestions to get back into Geocaching.....?

Have look for a cache that will take you somewhere you have never been. Look for ones with logs that have a wow factor

Paul G0TLG Guest

If you haven't already done them, try Enigma Variations 1 and 2, which are fairly close to where I think you live. If they don't fire your imagination and enthusiasm, nothing will!

Hi Guys welcome back and hope you find those special caches that fire your imagination. Since you left us, GUK has implemented a cache rating scheme based on feedback from finders. You can select the best in each county or the whole country, check out the link at the bottom of this page.

Enjoy

Caching since 2001
    Founder member of GAGB (2003)
    Committee (2003-2013)
    Chair of GAGB (2010-2012)
    Negotiator of 18 Landowner Agreements
    GAGB Friend

Cave Troll & Joan Guest

Welcome back
    Just ease yourself back in gently.

Chris n Maria Guest

I think the thing is, is to decide what you like most about caching and concentrate on that.

We now look for groups of caches that we can link with a nce stroll...because we think thats the best bit

thecookiecrew Guest

Thanks guys for the top recommendations, maybe after the londo to brighton bike ride this weekend we will look to get back into it....

Cheers again,

Mike

Originally posted by thecookiecrew@Jun 13 2006, 12:18 PM
    <snip> maybe after the londo to brighton bike ride this weekend we will look to get back into it....<snip>

NOW, there&#39;s an idea, a series of caches on the London to Brighton bike ride route&#33;

nobbynobbs Guest

good luck on the ride. i did it in 95... it&#39;s the big hill at the end that kills. :

thecookiecrew Guest

Thanks Nobby for the kind words, put my name down ages ago with the line &#39; Oh sure I&#39;ll do it, training will probably help me lose some weight to (need to lose approx 5 st..&#33;&#33;&#33&#39; and guess what, training, pah what training (actually not that bad but 20 miles a week aint great either), and weight loss &#33;&#33;&#33; Never, so 19st to push up that last hill (assuming I get there&#33;&#33;&#33

Anyhow thanks again....

Mike

nobbynobbs Guest

just do like everyone else. cycle slow and then walk up the hill. not much choice really so many other people there it&#39;s hard to impossible to cycle at times.

:lol:

i think there&#39;s an icecream seller at the top.

top tip organise in advance where you will meet up with anyone in brighton. it is chaos at the end... the one upshot of that hill is that it&#39;s a downhill coast all the way into town&#33;&#33;

enjoy