Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Is this forum becoming a joke?

Theres a combination of things happening on here that are un danger of discrediting the whole site

theres a raving sock puppet postiing in the forum, making personal attacks and is just purely out to cause trouble and does not have the guts to do it as themselves, they obviously know what they are doing is not in line with how things should be done as they do not want to use an identity that they can be identified from.

It maybe that a person has problems but this forum is not the place for people to p[lay amature phyciatrist and to diagnose anybody, then exploit these weaknesses it amounts to bullying and it is happening on here! :angry:

please somebody take charge of this site and put it in order before the whole thing goes down the pan.

If the truth be known I do not think that any party involved would like to see that happen

ROFLMHO Guest

I see that you think I am not me? I can assure you I am me, and I do sympathise with your problem.

I have never attacked anyone over the last few days, and least of all expected to be attacked myself.

I just agreed and stated the fact that when people get stressed out, like yourself at the moment, one tends to react un-rationally, acusing people of doing things that they clearly have not.
    Yes, I do use the of ROFLMHO because in my real life I have a first name and a surname, so I am also taking the opertunity here to be able to use another name, other than my caching name.
    Is that my mind speaking to me again...or the android in me? Who knows, but I do?

Please, have a sit down and re-think your post to me, I am sure one of my voices will be heard if I could only figure out which one is speaking at a time!

Theres a combination of things happening on here that are un danger of discrediting the whole site

please somebody take charge of this site and put it in order before the whole thing goes down the pan.
    We second that

We think a bad attack of mobbing is going on .
    We like Greens

Lost It beat me too it..

This whole thing is now bordering on farsical, and ROFLMHO is proberbly now doing more damage than our friend ever did.

The GAGB had a difficult enough birth with out this stupidity. At this rate the GAGB will have no very little credability left if any.

Will some one on the committee please do something about this.

Thanks.

One rather upset founder member.
    Moss The Boss... Sorta

ROFLMHO Guest

I am certainly not looking for a fight, nor an arguement with anyone.
    All I am doing is pointing out the obvious and I think some can now see it!

By the way, why is it you are sweetness and light to me when I post in my caching name??

One thing everyone has fogotten, Everyone has a right to freedom of use within user groups.
    I have never demanded anyone being banned, not alone questioned.
    It is simply 'that' of the last few posts, that makes discussions of this type take place.
    Harmony, is where people live and respect others wishes, however, if wishes were horses then beggars would ride, Thats what I hear from the voices inside!!

I suggest that the last few posters honestly sit down and read what has been happening over the last few weeks, not only to GAGB members, but also to members from other groups. Then you come back, then decide!

Is constant bickering and slagging off really what you want to read about all the time??? It appears that that is all some want!
    Isn't geocaching suppose to be fun hobby, not a competition, on who can get their own back on others?
    Do normal, honest everyday people not deserve to be allowed to enjoy a hobby without being reminded all the time on how they should act either in public or in the forums?

Think on... I await your reply.
    In the mean time, I will just sit and read my paper, calm, unstressed and am certainly not looking forward to un-nessasary harassment.

I don't think this thread is now serving any useful purpose, and it is indeed bordering on the farcical, as Moss said.

GAGB tries to keep forum moderation to a minimum, and we are reluctant to close threads. It would be nice, though, to see this one now slip quietly down the list and die its death.

Please, people, just let this one go. Thank you.

Edit to add: lost it, this is not aimed at you, just at the way the thread has gone.

---
    Bill, Chairman GAGB
    ​​Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light. (Dylan Thomas)​

ROFLMHO Guest

I am quite happy for the thread to be removed.

ROFLMHO wrote:
    I am quite happy for the thread to be removed.
    Thanks, but we'd prefer it to just slip away...
    ​​Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light. (Dylan Thomas)​

Rebble Guest

Originally posted by ROFLMHO@Jun 18 2006, 10:47 PM
    I see that you think I am not me? I can assure you I am me, and I do sympathise with your problem.

I have never attacked anyone over the last few days, and least of all expected to be attacked myself.

I just agreed and stated the fact that when people get stressed out, like yourself at the moment, one tends to react un-rationally, acusing people of doing things that they clearly have not.
    Yes, I do use the of ROFLMHO because in my real life I have a first name and a surname, so I am also taking the opertunity here to be able to use another name, other than my caching name.
    Is that my mind speaking to me again...or the android in me? Who knows, but I do?

Please, have a sit down and re-think your post to me, I am sure one of my voices will be heard if I could only figure out which one is speaking at a time!
    Best thing with Troll's is that you throw them a bone they are your friend for life

Just don't bite they are all overweight types with tiny tackle trying to make a mark on the world before death finally catches up with them.

Whoops sorry June not July should have spotted it was a dead topic