Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Cache Contents

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Rebble Guest

As I am a relative newcomer to caching, I enjoy the hunt but have become cheesed off with the pretty poor show of trinkets.

I have a cache and want to remove the tat such as free Daily Mail CD's, out of date phone cards et al that seem to come in from time to time.

Can I do this as a cache owner?

Also:

I've reached the point very quickly of the TNLN type of cache entry though I don't want to sound too negative.

I know it's all about the hunt but are there any guidelines for what goes in to the box?
    :unsure:

It's your cache to do with what you please.
    But bear in mind that tat to you and me may be valuable to someone else, i.e. a selection of goods may please someone. But then I have been a TNLN for some time unless something really attracts me for which my bag usually has a swap ready.
    Having said that I TNLN most of the time, I should add that I try to write something a little interesting in the log and online as a courtesy to the owner.
    Enjoy your caching!

Rebble Guest

Originally posted by John Stead@Jul 16 2006, 09:48 PM
    It's your cache to do with what you please.
    But bear in mind that tat to you and me may be valuable to someone else, i.e. a selection of goods may please someone. But then I have been a TNLN for some time unless something really attracts me for which my bag usually has a swap ready.
    Having said that I TNLN most of the time, I should add that I try to write something a little interesting in the log and online as a courtesy to the owner.
    Humm...

I agree on the log entry bit, I'll usually be very positive on the logs as the locations are on the whole pretty good.

Don't know about the tat as most of what I come across is throw away items you get free with the Sunday's or pretty worn out trinkets.

I get your point tho.

We rarely buy newspapers these days , only tempted if they have a freebie C.D. we fancy .
    We like Greens

Unfortunately, cache contents deteriorate over time. A new well-stocked cache can very soon degenerate into one with rather poor contents. As John said, though, what's tat to one person may not be to another.

As cache owner you're quite free to remove any obvious tat, and restock the cache. And you just have to live with the fact that the same thing will probably happen all over again...!

I rarely trade, and haven't done for a long time now, so the contents don't really interest me. It is disappointing, though, when I take my fourteen-year-old grand-nephew caching and there's nothing in the box of any interest to him, especially when it's a long walk to just one cache.
    ​​Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light. (Dylan Thomas)​