Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Why no Streetmap on Additional Waypoints

FollowMeChaps Guest

I posted this earlier on the UK forum but perhaps it's better here:-

I guess this must have been asked before but why is there no Streetmap.co.uk link on the Waypoint Details pages for Additional Waypoints like there is on the main cache page? I'm sure I'm not the only one who likes to see an OS representation of where they are.

I have taken to adding a paragraph at the foot of my caches where I have them pointing to https://benchmarks.org.uk/map.php but this shouldn't be necessary.

Can it be added?

Sorry I missed it on the GC forum otherwise I'd have replied.

The best place to ask this is on the Geocaching.com web site forum on GC. Jeremy (the owner of the site) frequents this forum and will see your request.

As the UK Greasemonky script Guru was able to produce one to replace the default maps on cache pages with OS ones, maybe he can produce another one for the map link for Additional Waypoints.

Personally I have the benchmarks.org bookmarklet that I use to look at the location of Additional Waypoints and have no problems with having to use it, and I see 20-30 caches every day.

Additional Waypoints were created to be a Reviewer tool, the bonus that came out of the development of them was to allow Premium Members to be able to down load them in a PQ and input then straight into their GPS's. Their primary purpose is to allow Reviewers to us them in Reviewer Tools to check for proximity issues to other caches or their components.
    My post is my personal opinion and as such you do not have my permission to quote me outside of these forums!

Dave
    Brenin Tegeingl
    Formerly known as Mancunian Pyrocacher on GC

FollowMeChaps Guest

Thanks for the reply Mancunian.

It sounds like the best person to ask is Guru if he/she did it on the cache pages. How do I pass on the request?

I believe that would be LordElph, simply ask your request on GC's UK forums
    My post is my personal opinion and as such you do not have my permission to quote me outside of these forums!

Dave
    Brenin Tegeingl
    Formerly known as Mancunian Pyrocacher on GC